Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Results of Restless leg syndrom >

Results of Restless leg syndrom

Results of Restless leg syndrom

Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Nice rug! I have been cutting my worn sheets into quilt strips or squares.

I've had occasional RLS since around age 10, always thought it was just me until the commercials started the last few years. I'm 42 and it's great to know I'm not alone and that it's a common problem. I never knew why my side of the sheets always wore out before my husbands. Lol Usually if I feel the RLS coming on, I have to walk around the house awhile to calm the legs down. I also notice fewer problems when I loose a few pounds & add exercise daily. I'm not one for taking medicine, prefer alternative solutions. :)
Old 10-01-2011, 09:54 PM

That is a wonderful idea!!! Love it! I do not wear out the sheets anymore due to R Leg because my Dr has me on Clonazopan or something like that. It sure helps me sleep well most nights.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Nice recycle.

and ... forgive my ignorance but I never knew there really was a 'restless leg syndrome'. thought it was just one of those made up things that drug companies thought "hey, we can make some money here" as the only "evidence" I've seen of RLS are commercials.

OK. Educated.
I am sitting at my computer right now bunching my legs because it is starting. Trust me , it is real. It's not just restless legs, my legs actually hurt. I also take a parkinson med. for it at night but it's starting to start earlier in the evening now. I have to talk to my Dr. It's one of those clubs you don't want to be a member of.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your RLS I too have it and its pretty annoying. Great job on the sheets though.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by javin22
So I go through a lot of sheets wearing them out from my restless legs and what to do with supima cotton sheets that I pay through the nose for. This is one of the things I do with them. I love recycling.
Looks great
Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by SewSassy
My sleep doctor did a ferritan level (which was low) and I am now taking iron tablets which has helped somewhat. Perhaps this may help
My Dr. prescribed Prenatal vitamins which have extra iron and I take those now. The extra iron helps a lot.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:05 AM

I would love the pattern also. it is true that our restless legs not only keep us from getting restorative sleep but provide us with lots of sheeting fabric to recycle!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
I take a Parkinson Disease Rx for my restless leg syndrome. I have had no side effects from the Rx and it has stopped my leg movements at night. It had gotten so bad I was having the leg motions during the day also.
My dr. wrote me an Rx for Meripex, a Parkinson medication. The pharmacy tried to give me laxative! Lol!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 AM

I never thought about the sheets getting so worn before. My MIL has RLS.

The rug reminds me of the rugs my grandmother made in the 1960' from plastic bread wrapers. They wore for ever.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:18 AM

Have you tried putting a bar of soap under your mattress? The people who have RLS and have tried the bar of soap method say it works. Don't ask me why it works, I don't know. My DH has it and I keep a bar of Ivory soap under this mattress and his is MUCH better. I read about it in Dr. Gott's column in the paper so we gave it a try and for some reason it works.