Scam alert1

Old 04-21-2017, 09:14 PM

My sis-in-law got that call about her son who lives with her. They told her they were going to arrest him. She told them "Go ahead and arrest him."
"You want us to arrest your son?"
"Yes, arrest him."
They hung up.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:06 PM

Ask them what their "real" name is...you know it's not Susan or James (what they told you it was) when they can't speak English & they are from India!

I like to hold the phone up to my Macaw & let her say Hello....then she screams super loud. That usually ends the call, LOL.

Or I'll pretend I can't speak english & fake a foreign language & just make jibberish sounds.

NEVER give any info over the phone unless you made the call yourself.

I had a collection agency call for a medical bill I never got. They agency was located in the USA, but used 3rd party from India. They could barely speak english & wanted my credit card info to pay the bill. I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine & hung up. Then I called the medical billing & gave them the 3rd degree for not sending me the bill in the first place & using a agency that couldn't speak english.

Love the... Can you here me now calls?...NO...what?....can't hear you....don't understand what you are saying....speak louder....still can't hear you.....click.

If I'm not too busy I love to waste their time, because they wasted mine.

If you ever get a call saying they are from the fraud department from your credit card & that your card was used. Say nothing, hang up & call the number on the back of your card. Ask for fraud department. I had this happen a few times. Get this...3 times in 1 year, same credit card company. Last time I asked where was my card used & where are you located. Same city....I said now it's that a coincidence?...I think my info is being stolen inside your company. Hasn't happened since.

In today's world you have to be on your toes at all times with these scammers.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:55 AM

I'm getting some from: You have won an all expense paid vacation to Disneyworld because you stayed in one of our resorts. You can't interrupt them and tell them that you don't travel anymore. If you say anything they interrupt you saying that they have a bad connection and they don't understand what you have said. I just hang up. But I get at least one of those a week.

Now I watch too many crime shows on TV and I am wondering how they got my name and phone number. The only place I stayed was at a nice place in Marion, IN.

From now on I will not give my real phone number.

I had my credit card hacked, and I traced it to a local guy who was arrested for drugs.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:14 AM

I have gotten several of these calls from the "Microsoft Windows" company wanting information about my computer. I pretend I think they are referring to replacement windows for my house. No matter what the say, I keep telling them that I have already had the windows replaced and then I try to ask them questions about replacement windows. They get very frustrated, but, too bad, they are very frustrating to me.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:15 AM

Darn, I wish I could get a all expense paid vacation from Disneyworld
Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 AM

My DH is so bad. If a girl is on the other end he will ask if she has panties on. Hangs up right away. One time the girl called back and asked if he would repeat what he said to her supervisor. He said no, you called me the first time.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:33 AM

Tell them that now they have got you in trouble, that you are in prison and using a smuggled cell phone...so now they have their number as well...
Old 04-22-2017, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

After the hubs has done our taxes on line through whatever software he uses, he supplies the email so they can verify that everything is ok and our refund will be deposited into one of our accounts. We hear nothing after that and this last time it was stated to expect our return within "x" amount of days. We got it within the week. Am not sure what software he uses but he's been doing this for the last 8-9 years. we have no problems after that. I too have gotten the calls. When they say how much I owe I call BS and it's also another reason I have voice mail.
Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
now the tax people tell me I should include my email with my tax return so the IRS can contact me if necessary. This, after they have been telling us over and over the Government will never call or email anyone. not helping!!
oh my doctor's office or anyone else calls and the recordings ask me things and say "correct". So I say correct (not yes). confused them terribly. Not my fault!!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:52 AM

I had a call that supposedly was for my daughter who has a rather unusual name and they pronounced it correctly. And then how they connected her to me? They wanted her cell phone number but I refused that. I don't do that. Then that it was from a collection agency. When I checked the number through the internet, lots of reports of it being a scam. Too bad people can't work so hard legitimately instead of trying to dupe good folks!
Old 04-22-2017, 06:05 AM

My sister keeps getting calls about her Windows computer. She has only Apple products. It's hard for her to see the caller id on her phone. She has repeatedly told them not to call again. It's the same people because they said "we will call all we want". Her husband bought a small air horn. The next time they called, she said "hang on a minute". Then she put in ear plugs, walked outside and blew the air horn in the phone.

When I got a call about "we are getting a message from your computer that you have a problem". I said "no you didn't!" and hung up.

I try to not answer calls that I don't know the number.

Also be careful of any messages on your computer saying to call a number to unlock your computer. My mother got caught in that scam. She thought she was calling Apple computer. Luckily she got the charges stopped at her bank.