Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Socks

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I wear shoes with socks everyday. What is your favorite brand of socks? I usually use the thin trouser socks but would like a soft thicker one, not no show or ankle cut type. Preferably no seams. I have looked online but would like some opinions from those that like their socks.
    I like Jefferies socks from Yoder Dept Store in Shipshewana Indiana.
    Have a Blessed Day

Curley toes

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    Almost looks like my foot!
    I too have toes that curl under like your's. If I'm going to be out for long periods of time I cut a standard size band-aid in half lengthwise and wrap my two outside toes, adding a very small amount of antibiotic ointment if needed. This works great for me when I need to wear something besides my usual Easy Spirit athletic-type shoes. (Of course, losing 30 pounds would also help my feet feel better.) :-O

OMG it's so funny you would post this question! I have a thing for Hue microfiber socks. I don't like socks that have a lot of cotton in them because they sag! LOL. I found these socks by Hue about 10 years ago, and I buy 6 pr per year and only in black!

http://www.hue.com/socks/fashion-socks.htm

Let us know your favorite, too!
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

I have several I like
    gold toe I get at Herbergs and/or Yonkers
    We have a company close (Osage, Iowa) called Fox River great socks
    the Hue microfiber ones
    I will have to look at Women Within and check out those
    when I am traveling I use compression socks (not the medical ones) as when traveling you sit for long periods of time and you also do lots of walking

I get my socks at KMart and the brand name is Joe Boxer, they have a nice cushion bottom.
    Pat in MN

Omg we must be related!!! I have a whole drawer full of socks too. I really have cold feet a lot of the time and I love socks. It is a sickness. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seaside gal View Post
    I have a whole dresser drawer full of socks. Thin ones for some shoes, thick ones for other shoes, really thick for boots, dress socks, everyday socks, fuzzy socks for when I'm feeling cold, and brightly colored socks for days when I feel good. I wear the bright ones with my Mary Jane style Crocs. Then I feel just like a little kid again. I love socks!
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

I also wear toe sox. Injinji brand. Just love them. No bothersome between the toe issues. They fit great and they have many different versions, so there is something for most everyone. If my toes and feet are happy then the rest of me is too.

With my motorcycle boots I wear when it rains I get the heavy socks from Harley Davidson. They have a nice padded foot but the tops aren't too thick. With shoes I wear anything with a dachshund on it

Of course, i only wear socks from November until March so that big drawer of dachshund socks I've been given over the years will probably last me the rest of my life.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I love Gold Toe and get them at J C Penney.

My favorite tennis shoe socks are made by Feetures. They are also my husband's favorite. They are worth every cent of the cost. Once you try them, you can't go back!

http://www.zappos.com/feetures-women...lesStyle/desc/
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Smart Wool brand. I discovered them a couple of years ago. $20/pair. I loved the one pair so much I stocked up! Yes, you can wear them all year round. Wool is cooling and warmth depending upon the season. Scheelsand and Dick's Sporting Goods carry them. They (Smart Wool) have a website.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    I wear socks when I go bowling or for a walk. I hate socks. They are so uncomfortable always too long in the foot. They make your feet hot and uncomfortable and finally the washing machine eats them. No matter how many I buy always run short.

it is amazing how many different types of socks there are. I've learnt a great deal thank you all for posting. No socks day today.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2