Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-) >

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Old 06-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Your asking this & my reading it has made me think about something all day. I lost my husb. 5 yrs. ago (seems like last wk.) but I remembered how, when we'd go to buffets & had shrimp, he would sit & peel my pile of shrimp for me. I'd say "you don't have to do that". He'd say "I know you don't like to do it so I'm doing it for you". Talk about simple things but I thought about that all day. Just another way to say I love you.
Thank you for asking such a positive question. The negative things just don't seem important anymore. The positives sure do though.

Pat G
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by butterflies5518 View Post
My favorite fabric enabler, grocery shopper, but the most wonderful thing in the whole world - he makes my laugh and smile every day! He is my 'sunshine'...
Butterflies, this was the first thing I really missed after losing my laid back hubby. He always made me laugh. All he had to do was look at me & I could see something silly about to come out of his mouth. Even across a rm. or in public place I could see it coming. He knew I was on to him so he'd burst out laughing without saying anything. We just had that kind of communication. Gosh I sure miss that guy.
Enjoy your guys everybody.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Power Poster

Pat brings me a cup of coffee in bed every morning. What a great way to start the day. Besides that, he puts up with all of my oddities (and they are not insignificant, lol) and he cracks me up on a regular basis. He is the best.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:40 PM

My Mother passed last week, the day before she passed I came down with a virus that had me down to two days. My sister and I were making plans to funeral and my sister asked if we could have a gathering at my house after the funeral services. I was still not feeling so well and the house needed quite a bit of work. My Dear Husband piped up immediately, and I said I will take care of the house and patio and he cleaned for 2 1/2 days solid, everything was spotless!!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by debbiemarie View Post
My Mother passed last week, the day before she passed I came down with a virus that had me down to two days. My sister and I were making plans to funeral and my sister asked if we could have a gathering at my house after the funeral services. I was still not feeling so well and the house needed quite a bit of work. My Dear Husband piped up immediately, and I said I will take care of the house and patio and he cleaned for 2 1/2 days solid, everything was spotless!!
Sorry to hear of your mother's passing but what a fantastic husband. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
just the tip of the mountain of things...
When I had breast cancer surgery his sheer tenderness

I had lung cancer surgery this March, and I'm using the image of sunflowers to perk myself up and remind me just how lucky I am. I didn't know he was even aware of it...but when he came back from town a few weeks ago, he had a fist full of seed packets for every sunflower type in the world I think. He has planted them on the front edge of the garden, probably a 50 foot row. I am SO touched...

Bearisgray, those are all ways of saying I love you...far more expressive than flowers and candy. We just need to recognize those actions for what they are.
What a beautiful gesture. Good luck with your treatment.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:44 PM

You ladies are so blessed. It brought tears to my eyes. I have been married 28 years. And separated for the last 5. I did all of those things. I cannot even remember him doing anything for me. In the end, I did one more thing (for me), I left! It's nice to know their really are men out there that are different.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:51 PM

I have been lucky in my marriage. I was a single mom with 3 kids. (Ex left and that was OK) My DH loved me and my kids and raised them as his own,. We had 3 more kids together so it was a full house but had lots of laughter. He treats me like a queen. He cooks, he cleans, he keeps my car full of gas and ready to go anywhere and supports me in what ever I want to do. He's is very encouraging with my sewing and quilting. He's my world. We have had 28 years of happiness and hopefully, many more.