Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-) >

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Old 06-22-2013, 06:31 AM

Lovely to read such a positive thread. I have been a widow for twenty years now but I know marriage is a two way street. My bet is that everyone of you give as much as you get. Marriage is hard work and takes effort from both people to really succeed. I hope all of you have many more years to enjoy each other.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 AM

He goes to work every morning he's supposed to, and at the end of that shift, he comes home

Some men don't do that
Old 06-22-2013, 07:34 AM

My husband does many things for me. . . gardening, vacuuming etc., but the one that means the most is the fact that he always has my back. I can count on him a million percent to be there for me with a shoulder to cry on, ear to listen, voice to encourage and so on. Life today can be scary and challenging, but I always feel so secure because Bill puts God first, me second and is always faithful to both of us even when it might not be what he would chose for himself. It is wonderful to be married to such a loving, honorable, faithful man.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by sassey View Post
You ladies have made me miss my DH so much he was my best friend lover and just very special always treated me so nice. He has been departed for 6 years now and I miss him very much
Me too! Mine has been gone 2 yrs in august. It's living hell!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
His paycheck is direct deposited into our joint account and he NEVER asks me about where the money goes. That's trust.
...for over thirty years. i agree w you, that's trust, love & respect.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:09 PM

My DH gets the coffee pot ready at night before bed, then brings me my first cup in the morning. He makes bag lunches for us. The last few years he has done most of the grocery shopping. He is kind.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM

We've been married 33 years. He still makes me laugh. We are best friends, but give each other space for our own hobbies. We each compromise at times for what we know the other would like -- a TV show, where to eat supper, etc. We trust each other. Respect each other. We have a common faith in God that has held us together through some trials. He's a wonderful father. He's also a marriage counselor, and some evenings he comes home, gives me a big hug and tells me what a wonderful wife I am...and I know he's had a woman in his office that day who makes me "shine" by comparison. We both know how fortunate we are to have each other as partners, and that we've made the commitment to see things through when the going gets tough with life's humps and hurdles.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 PM

What a wonderful thread! Thanks to all for sharing. It really puts the negative things in perspective, doesn't it? It restores my faith that so many of us have decent, hard working, kind guys.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Thank you to all of you who posted on this thread - and to whoever read it.

I was expecting things like "he/she keeps the cars fueled, will get the kids out ofmy hair when there has been one spill too many, etc"

There are some real love letters on this thread,
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM

My DH is a keeper. When I was truly ill with a mental illness and in and out of the hospital, he stuck with me, wrote me letters, had my girls write letters, sent me care packages and did everything that he could to keep us all connected. He has never blamed me for being sick then and celebrates me recovery with me by allowing me to be me and go talk about my journey with candor and openness to any and all who will listen as I talk.
He is also an enabler with both fabric and vintage sewing machines and occasionally surprises me with a "new to me" vintage or antique machine particularly if it's a unique one. He never gripes about the money spent either. I, in turn, support his hobbies.