Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-) >

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 AM

You ladies are so lucky. I miss having my husband around even after 12 years!.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:08 AM

My hubby does all the above mentioned items also, but what I love the most... he puts me 100% first in everything.. when I spend the entire day cooking our huge family meals etc.. he makes me get in line first, if we go out to eat, I must be first, when I had my surgery and was on very strict restrictions... he did his 40 hours a week, plus all the entire house hold chores.. cooking, cleaning... I did NOTHING.. he even planned my meals out.. so all I had to do was heat and eat. Now for the very best thing he has ever done... he taught our three sons how to treat a woman.. he always said to treat their spouse/lover/friend as a queen and your life will be rewarded 100 fold.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 AM

My DH is my second. I had a lovely 37 years before I lost my first wonderful, considerate, caring man. Number 2 is also widowed but every bit a treasure as well. I am so old and overweight and wrinkled but he tells me all the time that I am beautiful and sometimes just looks at me and smiles this radiant smile. I had to put a stop to him bringing me flowers every Thursday. I told him I would rather spend that money on fabric, fun or charity. So he keeps my flowers and yard up. He never walks by something that needs doing inside either. He does the laundry and bathroom cleaning more than I do.

When we go out, DH always opens the car door, drops me off at the door and then parks. He meets me with an umbrella when it's raining and walks on the gutter side of the sidewalk. He is absolutely the most considerate person I have ever known, not just to me but to everybody. He's way too generous and bought me two fur (mink) coats on the same day! One he had custom made for me. Best of all he keeps me encouraged with fabric purchasing and trips to quilt shops, classes and shows. He'll leave at the drop of a hat to get me to whatever I need or want especially with my quilting. He also sings to me.

I keep his back scratched really good!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
His paycheck is direct deposited into our joint account and he NEVER asks me about where the money goes. That's trust.
Sounds like my marriage...that trust he has you earned as I have...It always amazed me when I spoke to women or men who hide money from their spouse....our life is a joint venture...we are partners in the voyage, we count on each other implicitly. 33 years and still going strong.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Kalama: Hope all is good with you now and in the future !

Ahh.. so many wonderful things the DH does for me outweighs the negatives. When a negative comes around I just remember the positives and I get through it all.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:27 AM

In all honesty, after 36+ wonderful, happy years with my sweet husband there are too many things to even mention. I am truly blessed with him!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:56 AM

Me too, ladies. I have a good 'un and could check off each of your compliments to the men in your lives. I have not been inside a grocery store in forever; he does it all, using my list; meds, driving Miss Daisy (I don't drive anymore); and yes, I do have secret dislikes, but I keep them to myself, for I know he has a few of his own. We are still learning after over 40 years together. Respect is the key word here. Love is right in there beside it.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM

Fills up my car's gas tank (and my mom's, too) when they get to 1/2 full.
Brings me cups and cups of tea.
Does all the grocery shopping.
Washes the dirty underwear.
Remembers my birthday and our anniversary.
Without asking says, "I love you," when I need to hear it.
Almost 43 years of marriage. I guess I'll keep him a bit longer. :-)
Old 06-21-2013, 12:31 PM

I am also very fortunate in the DH department. We have been married 19 years and he is so good to me. First marriage lasted 31 years but was very difficult. My prince DID come!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 PM

He doesn't say a word when I'm grumpy and bite his head off. He simply comes over to me and either hugs me for a long time, or he rubs my back.

Several years ago as I was out on my morning walk before leaving for work, I passed by a neighbor who was moving. She had an upright piano in her driveway with a "For Sale" sign on it. I got the price from her, then went on my way to work. Called my husband from work, told him about the piano, what a great price it was, how I'd always wanted to learn to play but we never had the money when I was a child, would it be okay with him if I spent the money? He said he didn't think it was a good idea, our house is cramped enough, the piano would just be a dust-catcher. We hung up and I pouted to myself for a few minutes, then put together a plan. I called him back and said I'd make a deal with him. I'd buy the piano, and if after 2 years, it was sitting there collecting dust, I'd sell it and give him the money to spend on whatever he wanted. He said "Okay, but NOT because of the deal, but because you called back, which means you REALLY want it. And if you really want it, then you should have it." Every time I think about that I get choked up.

Last edited by Peckish; 06-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.