Someone tell me I'm crazy!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Right before Thanksgiving I lost my Leo. my beautiful maine coon. I had him 14 yrs. woke up sunday morning to him not acting right and thought oh I've got to take him tothe vet tomorrow and he passed away just a few hours later. have no idea why. he was my baby. every morning as I came out of my room he'd be there to tell me good morning. or either your late feed me. I also called him my mr. squeakers. so many mornings he'd get up and only a squeak would come out. he was so loving. a stray that showed up and we couldn't bare to think of him outside during winter that was coming, so he came in and never left. never went to the door and cried to go out again. he was my first cat. have always been a dog person. our other little stray we took a couple yrs later was coming around and we'd feed him and love on him but he always wanting to leave again. one evening showed up and we think he tangled with a coon. he was so tore up. we weren't sure he'd make it.. but he did and now hes the boss of the house. thats been 10 yrs ago. we are talking of getting another one, so he can have a buddy, he misses leo so. I didn't mean to go on and on..
Old 02-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Right now I'm feeding a stray that has been coming around faithfully at 6:15pm. Today she came at noon. Must have wanted lunch instead of dinner. I bought a cheap bag of food for her. The ONLY reason why I am feeding her is because she is preggers. If it weren't for that, I'd have to think twice about it. But then again...I'm a sucker for animals.
I was sitting outside with her while she was eating. I can get about 4 feet away before she runs. Would love to catch her and clean her up and maybe find a good home for her, but she is really scared. Maybe by the time she has her kittens, she'll warm up to me and I can take Mom and kittens to shelter.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Right now I'm feeding a stray that has been coming around faithfully at 6:15pm. Today she came at noon. Must have wanted lunch instead of dinner. I bought a cheap bag of food for her. The ONLY reason why I am feeding her is because she is preggers. If it weren't for that, I'd have to think twice about it. But then again...I'm a sucker for animals.
I was sitting outside with her while she was eating. I can get about 4 feet away before she runs. Would love to catch her and clean her up and maybe find a good home for her, but she is really scared. Maybe by the time she has her kittens, she'll warm up to me and I can take Mom and kittens to shelter.
Most feline rescues have Have-A-Heart traps. If you call your local rescue they can help you catch her. It would be better for the mama to catch her before her babies are born so all stay safe.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 AM

I had my Scheffler-kitty for 13 years. I had to have her put down. She was in renal failure and ultrasound revealed she was born with only 1 kidney. It wore out. I was devastated.

I waited a full year before adopting a cat from the shelter. Soon after, we moved to a large home and adopted 2 kittens. The "cat" adopted my son, and one of the kittens chose me.
He is my kitty--we laugh that he is my lover. He finds me a 9PM nightly to tell me it's time for bed. This way, he can secure his perch atop my head and drape his paw over my nose. I don't know what I"ll do without him.
Soooo, crazy?? NOT.
When is the move to VA? Will you be close to the NC border?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Banned

Your not crazy hun
Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 PM

Terri..

I know that this thread is about your "getting or not getting" a new kitten...
but I have but one question,

when are we going to see more pictures of those adorable twins.

Haven't seen much since your return home...time's awasting......
Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 AM

Momma kitty is too smart to get into a trap. Apparently the girl next door has one out and Momma won't go near it.

I'm trying to get more pics of the babies, but daughter is not listening to me! UGH!!!

Still waiting on orders. Detailer says this week. That's what he said last week!!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Get another cat or two if that's what you need. I put my beloved Tigger to sleep about 9 years ago due to a cancerous growth the size of a baseball in him. I still miss him daily and cannot speak about him without tearing up and crying. I waited 1 month before cat searching and came home with the cat DH wanted and named --- he did adopt me however. Last year, my avatar kitty adopted me and then took him in and adopted him. He's a lover, hence his name of Romeo. You're not crazy and give some deserving kitty or two forever homes.