Someone tell me I'm crazy!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

um, whether Terri of the Jungle is crazy or not....:mrgreen: ha ha ha...luv u Terri :XD:
DH says get another male, but many times they get too territorial, but then, Rusty was a male, so I say the 'goods' are not the deciding factor.
Would it help if hubby pets 'his' cat a lot in front of the new one? I guess that's an experiment that hasn't happened yet.
Course that might backfire and cause rivalry for hubby's affection.
I dunno...there's a kind of magic with some pets.
I had a blue lab named Melvin that was my bud, my love, my baby, my confidante.
He's been gone four years now and yes, I still grieve for him. These tragic losses are so much harder on the heart than a long full life that comes to a close and they just make a peaceful transistion to the bridge.
I guess take it slow. really hang around the kitties when you go and don't coax them to come to you, let them choose you. You might bring home several.
I just read your mind...no don't stuff your pockets with treats...unless you plan to make that part of your daily wardrobe :wink:
It's so special to have a pet adopt you, I can't blame you for wanting another relationship like that.
Bitsy girl (my doxie/beagle/chi), has definitely decided that I am her mama! She is the most obedient dog ever.
She takes direction very well and understands English perfectly.
She's intuitive too. When I was sick last week she never pulled on the leash like usual, and I asked her if she wanted daddy to take her out...he had never ever...she immediately went and sat by where we hang the leash and watched his every move till he came to hook her up and off they went.
She's never went and sat there to wait on me. We are convinced she understood exactly what I said.
You have to have your 'own' kitty. Rusty would want it that way.:thumbup:
Old 02-18-2010, 05:01 PM

go for it
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Your not crazy. I lost my yorkie "son" of 18 years 11 months ago. I still haven't gotten over it and probably never will. He was my protector, bed mate, bath mate and rarely left my side. He always knew when I didn't feel good and stayed by me and dared anyone to get near me, even to help me. I still have 2 other yorkies that he trained, but it is not the same. My feelings right now is that I never want to go through that again, so I am not going to get any more dogs after these 2 go. I know that I won't be able to find another dog like him, but DH says I shouldn't compare. He thinks I'll change my mind since I have had pets since childhood, never without one. Still, when you love one like that it is so hard to get over. I'm sorry your still hurting. I have been thinking of making a picture lap quilt in memory of him. Maybe that would help you too. Hope you find what your looking for.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

I had to give my two dogs I had for fourteen years away because of a back injury, we lost our house because of this and could not aford the pet deposit to keep them. that was in Oct, I miss them so much and because this hurt me so much I will never get another pet, I just could not do it again.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM

Go for it. We only have six out our group of 12 left. they were feral cats kittens that were sick and we would see to them by the time they were better we were in love with them. The two that were mommies both past away when I was away at work at a boyscout camp for 10 weeks I still miss them. The others are daddies girls. We lived in the county so there were 25 feral cats around we would catch and spay them. Our oldest will be 19 this august and the others are 13 except one that is 1. I still miss the ones Ive lost but they gave my some great memories and joy.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:07 AM

Hubby knows I'm getting a ME cat, so he just has to suck it up. Courtney has Big Boy, hubby has Monique, so I'll get me another special boy.....
Old 02-19-2010, 06:06 AM

Yes you are crazy...about cats. My hubby & I are too. We have adopted several over the years from the humane society. When we lost our first two from old age we went to an abused animal shelter. I saw a 4 month old all black one that I "neded to hold." The caretaker took her out of her cage and the instant she was in my arms we were meant to be together. Her story: Annie had been horribly abused as a tiny kitten, thrown from a pickup truck going 60 mph onto a busy highway. She was scooped up by someone who saw it happen and took her to a nearby vet. He operated & saved her eye and the staff nursed her back to physical health. When I brought her home she was so scared she wouldn't come out of her cage. It has been a blessed journey to watch her grow into a beautiful, loving, sweet & funny companion. We adopted a kitten at the same time. He chose me too. The two of them give us so much love & joy. I say, give a home to one or more...the rewards are so worth it.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Lyn

Look at my avatar. I do not think you are crazy. Now I volunteer for a feline rescue. If you go to petfinder.com it will give you a list of rescues close to you. Just a thought.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 PM

From what I have been reading I am not alone in my love for animals. We have had so many over the years. Having grown up with pets I can't be without at least one. Now we have Bunny who came to us from former owner who was expecting a new baby and already had a three year old and felt they couldn't keep her. My gain ! Even though she has .scratched my pretty seriously more than a few times. My last baby was an orphan just about three days old. She was the love of my life. I knew when she didn't come to bed two nights in a row that something was wrong. At thirteen it was her time. I have to stop now because of a huge lump in my throat . BTW, my baby's name was Annie as in Little Orphan Annie.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 AM

I think you should get a cat of your own. I wish I could. We have cats outside, but one inside that's my hubby's. I can't have more inside, I'd be where I could not breath.