Straight side toilet

Old 10-10-2017, 08:26 PM

Toilet’s look and the color are important factors for an attractive bathroom. But you should choose a toilet that fit your bathroom.

Here are some factors that you need to consider before buying a toilet.
Measure the toilets Rough-in
The rough-in is the distance between the wall behind the toilet to the bolt cap of your toilet. The distance can be approximate, 10”, 12”, or 14” and this helps your plumbing contractor to choose which type of toilet to be installed.

Toilet Style and Type
Choose the toilet that satisfies your need. The toilet can be available in wide ranges of style like traditional, modern, electric and contemporary.

-Two-piece toilet
It comes with two units, a bowl, and a tank. You can mix and match your bowl and tank for an appealing look.

-One-piece toilet
It comes as a single unit. No mix and match work here. It is perfect for the modern and contemporary bathroom. Easy to clean.

-Tankless toilet
Save space as it doesn’t have a tank. It is perfect for the small bathrooms. Easier to clean. It is directly connected to the water supply line.

-Wall-mounted toilets
Such toilets are hung on the wall. Requires less space that it suits perfectly for small bathrooms. But walls have to be strong enough to support the toilet.

Flush Performance
Check the flush performance before buying a toilet. The standard performance threshold is 250 grams to 1,000 grams. The high threshold value, better performance.
Water efficiency
Choose a water efficient toilet that you can save water bills. A dual flush toilet is one type of water efficient toilet which has dual flush one for liquid and another for solid waste.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:49 PM

I liked the wall mounted toilets I saw all over Europe. Very easy to mop under and around them. Interestingly many had square seats, but they were comfortable enough.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Since I have these toilets speaking for myself the outside is definitely easier to clean. A smooth flat surface just seems to be easier than going around the indentations. Maybe it's just me.

I am with you! "Concealed trapway" is what they call it. I HATE trying to clean around the revealed (lol) trapway. I don't even like to see it! Who would? Cheaper to make I guess. I want a concealed one!

sandy
Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

they have tall toilets in the regular ones too. saves knees.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Easier because there are no nooks and crannies to stoop to clean behind the bowl.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:05 AM

my toilet that I installed last year is a low water usage and its chair height, I love it. It looks the same on the outside as most all do but the way the inside is made its easier to clean and doesn't get dirty as often. I guess the flushing system is just better at doing its job. I agree with cleaning the outside, I use my mop on those days that I can't get down that low. Mine was under 100, saves water and makes getting up and down a lot easier with the chair height.