stuffing or dressing?????

Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 PM
BMP

I make it on the side, I used to stuff the bird but not anymore.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:38 PM

I stuff the turkey. I Don't add liquid though. Instead, I fry my bread cubes in olive oil, toss in a large diced onion, a bunch of chopped parsley, and slivered almonds; season with sage, thyme, allspice, salt & pepper. No celery - makes it too wet. The main flavor is sage. It's the same recipe that my grandmother (who would be 120 years old - wow!) and her mother made. To know I'm making the Same dressing as the women before me can get me teary eyed.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Originally Posted by finch
I stuff my turkey.I learned that the hard way.I was asked to bring the dressing for the turkey dinner at work one time,,so I bought a bunch of different dressings and when asked where the dressing was,I pointed it out and I was so embarrassed.They meant for me to bring the stuffing!!It all depends on where you are from as to what they call it.Anyway,I put mine in the turkey cavity.
Are You My Sister by any chance, she would have done the same thing.....
Want to adopt me??I would love to be your sister.That made me chuckle.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM

I make home made dressing as a caserole dish. I have my own secret recipe that I just guessed at it about 30 plus years ago and everybody likes it.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Do you stuff your turkey or put it in a casserole and bake it along side????

I stuff my turkey. I love stuffing an all year long if I stuff a bird I make all different kinds of stuffing. Apple/raisin, cranberry/orange, or sausage. However for Thanksgiving I like a plain old fashioned cornbread stuffing. I make the cornbread the day before when it is cool I cut it into cubes and let it sit out to dry. I also make a loaf of white bread and do the same thing. In the morning I chop onion and celery and saute in butter and oil until golden brown. I add chicken broth, seasoning and then the breads. I toss until just coated and moist. Then in the turkey it goes. YUMMMOOOO.

What do you do??????
I come to your house!!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:16 PM

Yum, Trupeach! I guess I've never had stuffing. We are a dressing family and my grandmother makes the largest (I guess it's in some kind of a roasting pan??) container I have ever seen every year. We've never deviated from The Dressing. For the longest time it was the only leftover I liked (now I love 'em). Your stuffings sounds wonderful!

How much stuffing fits in a turkey?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM

I make stuffing like my mom did-bread crumbs from just about anything except cornbread, lots of onions and celery sauted in butter, and broth. I do it in a pan, with or without a turkey!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mollymct

How much stuffing fits in a turkey?
it depends on what size turkey you are stuffing.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Do you stuff your turkey or put it in a casserole and bake it along side????

I stuff my turkey. I love stuffing an all year long if I stuff a bird I make all different kinds of stuffing. Apple/raisin, cranberry/orange, or sausage. However for Thanksgiving I like a plain old fashioned cornbread stuffing. I make the cornbread the day before when it is cool I cut it into cubes and let it sit out to dry. I also make a loaf of white bread and do the same thing. In the morning I chop onion and celery and saute in butter and oil until golden brown. I add chicken broth, seasoning and then the breads. I toss until just coated and moist. Then in the turkey it goes. YUMMMOOOO.

What do you do??????
I come to your house!!!!!
OK how far are you from batavia?????? actually DS is driving from steubenville are you along the way? he will pick you up.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Stuffed in the turkey but we call it dressing, actually, I do.
DH calls it stuffing lol
My Mom makes it both ways- stuffs the turkey, then makes another kind in a casserole. I'm getting awfully hungry right now everyone!! hee hee