Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Subject lines---would anyone else find them to be more helpful if they were longer such as the one I'm posting now?  I'm continuing to type here in the subject line just to give us all a feel for how much room we have on a title line for a new topic. >

Subject lines---would anyone else find them to be more helpful if they were longer such as the one I'm posting now? I'm continuing to type here in the subject line just to give us all a feel for how much room we have on a title line for a new topic.

Subject lines---would anyone else find them to be more helpful if they were longer such as the one I'm posting now? I'm continuing to type here in the subject line just to give us all a feel for how much room we have on a title line for a new topic.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by catrancher
Also, it can be annoying when some topics seem to be impulsive brain farts wuth no real purpose; i.e., "I'm alive and I know how to type."
BWAHAHAHA!! :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Yes, you're right -- and I'm guilty of shorter ones, too. I'd like ESPECIALLY the ones that need help to explain....just saying "need help" doesn't cut it! If they explained "need help with mitered corners"....I'd not waste my time...since I have trouble with them, too!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 AM

I'm the same way. I often skip posts with a vague subject line. I'm sure I'm probably missing some good ones, but, I don't have the time to go through every post. So, I only view the ones that have a more detailed line.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ginger2010
Same here! A little bit more about the topic would be nice on some of the subjects!
I agree! My time should be spent sewing; not looking to see what a topic is about.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:36 AM

I prefer titles that are short, but don't mind if they are longer.

I have a bigger distaste for 5 different threads on the exact same subject.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 AM

I like a longer description, something to catch me interest.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 AM

I would definitely like more info in subject line. I like to bookmark things I like and then I don't know what they are unless I open a bunch to find the one I want.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:00 PM

Subject Lines: I'd like to see them be more descriptive, but not necessarily longer. And I also agree with those who ask that we check before asking a question that's been asked many, many times before--it only takes a few seconds or so to do this! All in all,though, this is a great, fun place to visit and admin. should be congratulated on doing such an outstanding job! Thanks!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM

I like the shorter ones
Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Shorter more informative would be much better, fewer threads on the same subject such as the fabric hoarder type tv show threads, fewer threads with do you ever and then no further info, better id's on ISO threads (tell me in the title what you are looking for, please) if you're comparing machines info in title such as "thoughts on Pfaff vs FW" for example. JMHO