tattoos?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 AM

1t.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by c1bendt
I have 7 and love them all.
Even as a former cop: there are some things I though I would never see HERE in a post and - this is it from another post:
It is not my backside/bum, but to each his or her own.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183123.jpe  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I would love to have eye liner tattoos. i'm so pale, if i don't use eye liner and eyebrow pencil i look ill. so say people anyway.
That's precisely why I tried it. My skin is very fair and my eyelashes are pale, so I need a little color added so I don't look dead.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
Some people won't like this reply, but I was brought up being taught that a tatoo is a "tramp stamp" - sorry, but that's what Mom called it. Unless you are in the military, and then it needs to be hidden under clothes...that blue blob will be making a first impression for you the rest of your life.
Johanna, I heard something like that when I was younger but I really think that was when only sailors etc had them.
They are very stylish and while I don't have any I think some are really cute.
My Dad absolutely HATED ankle bracelets- he thought they automatically labeled you a tramp and to this day I can't wear one, not b/c I think he's right, but it would break his heart and it's not that important to me :D
My Dad - and now my DH said and felt the same thing about the ankle bracelets. After my now husband of 20 years told me what the guys he knew in college felt about women with tatoos, that reinforced my personal decision. I just couldn't see myself as a grandma with a tatoo.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:38 AM

Nope not me no way. Its art that will blur/stretch/fade and is mighty difficult to remove. There is also the pain, risk of infection.
When I get tired of MY art I can remove it from the wall and give it to another in need of a warm quilt, then put up a new one! :) :-o
Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by champagnebubbles
I have them. I do not regret them :)
I have 2 and no regrets for either of them.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 AM

Yep, 5 of them. A grandma with tattoos, that's me :-D I just made sure they are on places that are less likely to sag with wrinkles...foot, ankle and back. Got my first one at the age of 44, a lovely bearded iris my oldest daughter drew. Half a sand dollar on my foot that when I put my foot up to my daughters' feet, it makes a whole, a kangaroo I got in Australia when on vacation with one daughter, and a butterfly on my lower back with the names of my girls around it, reminding me that I have to let them go. Oh, and a sun/moon combo reminding me that to appreciate the sun, I need the dark...you know, the valleys verses the mountain tops.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I have 3. But the only one I regret is the first one because of the colors. It's on my ankle and the only one that can be easily seen.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:02 AM

I have a black swallowtail butterfly and a symbol that is representative of relationships on my upper back. The butterfly is a representation of the best dog I have ever known who is my little heart and who will break my heart in two when he dies (hes been my support for many many years through a devastating divorce and the rebuilding of my life, which is now wonderful and is elderly now). The symbol is a pair of disappearing triangles which each my themselves are pretty but together they are something more...its the same symbol my husband has tattooed on his arm, because we both loved it and it represents several things to us.

I got them at 38. I love them and have no regrets. They can easily be shown with a blouse with a more open neckline, or covered with a shirt with a collar. Plus, thats one place where the skin doesn't change too much as you age.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 AM

Have you seen tattoos on hippies from the 60's? Long necks and worn out ha ha, old age .....doesn't do it justice