tattoos?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by cpfrog
Silly thought but... just happened to glance at "fabric_fancy's" avatar.... born to quilt tattoo .... and wondered if any of you quilters out there have/wear(?) a tattoo ??
No way, I think tattoo's are hideous and can you imagine what they will look like years down the road. Sorry, but this happens to be a very sore spot with me. I just don't understand why someone would do this to their body.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
Originally Posted by cpfrog
Silly thought but... just happened to glance at "fabric_fancy's" avatar.... born to quilt tattoo .... and wondered if any of you quilters out there have/wear(?) a tattoo ??
No way, I think tattoo's are hideous and can you imagine what they will look like years down the road. Sorry, but this happens to be a very sore spot with me. I just don't understand why someone would do this to their body.
Agree
Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM

I don't have any tattoos. Only 1 hole in each ear.

My son and daughter have talked about getting a tattoo that is alike on their ankles (I believe) But as both of them are not fond of needles.. I hope they outgrow it. lol Son is 24 daughter is 21.

I have seen some beautiful tattoos. just not something I have wanted to go out and pay for.

I saw an older lady in a restaurant that had one down the side of her face. It was just different to see to me. You have to understand I live in a little podunk town and don't get out much. lol
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Not me - can't see doing something like that - it's way too permanent and I don't think they usually enhance one's appearance. But, to each his/her own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc, etc, etc.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie R
Not me - can't see doing something like that - it's way too permanent and I don't think they usually enhance one's appearance. But, to each his/her own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc, etc, etc.
Thank you for the "to each his own". Most of the rest of the anti-tattoo statements have felt like condemnations of character. Rarely do people get tattoos on a whim, but generally after a great deal of thought and deep meaning attached to them...at least that has been my experience and obviously the experience of those responding here.

We are all unique individuals and our choices only have to be right for us. I would hope I am not rejected for my tattoos, just as I would not reject someone else for not having tattoos, especially here with the strong strings of quilting to bind us into one family of creative, generous, wonderful folks who understand we are each as unique as the quilts we make.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:06 AM

I agree with you, Farm Quilter.
I have 5 tattoos and I did put a lot of thought into each one. We are unique people and these are our choices.
Remember Please do not judge a book by its cover.

deb
Old 04-15-2011, 11:09 AM

I have 5 tattoos and not one regret. They are in places where they are really only seen by me and like someone else said, you wouldn't know I have them. No, not quilting related, but not a bad thought...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Thank you, Farm Quilter, I think everyone here has put a lot of thought into the whys of getting a tattoo and it sounds like most of us would do it again. You don't have to like the tats for yourself but neither should you condemn someone because they have made the choice, we need differences to make this a unique and wonderful world.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by texpat45
Absolutely not!
ditto---------OMG!!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:03 PM

I just saw a tat on a young gal's leg today. It was a tree, like a maple tree, and it had a man's name, a girl's name, and two other names with dates on it. She told me she started a family tree. I like to look at them on other people (as long as they aren't vulgar), but I don't want one. I don't like needles or pain that they cause. LOL