tattoos?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 AM

I would get one, but at the moment I don't know what I want. I would also get one to drive my Dad nuts. (direct quote - no daughter of mine will have a tramp stamp.)
Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 AM

I had them before they were "cool" which P*&^#s me off! I LOTHE being trendy , thank goodness I can cover them all up if I choose. I am going to get a 1\4 sleave when I can afford it.It will be for my personal viewing and will remain covered in public. Never judge a book by it's cover , a funny story...

I am a critical care nurse, a fairly respectable profession, I keep my personal life very private from work. I was getting report from another nurse one evening and she proceeded to tell me that the young woman whose care I was assuming was "trashy" well I can not stand when people are jugemental so I asked why she would say this, she replied"well she has tattoos all over her back and legs" I then replied " Charlene, how long have you known me?", She replied " about 5 years why? I then said what do you think of my character? She said I think you are a great person what are you talking about? I then proceeded to pull up my sleaves, pull down my scrub top, started to pull my pants down well you get the picture, Needles to say she turned very pale and then very red! Moral of the story .... JUDGE NOT !!!!!!!!!

Bet she thought twice from then on about judging a book by it's cover :)
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bkb
No tats here. don't want to watch a pretty little rose bud turn into a long stemmed blob!
My daisy is fast becomming a sunflower, lol, it's all good I love them too!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 AM

No tats... but that temp tattoo.. looks like fun to me..
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Banned

I wanted a dragon fly tat...until my daughter publically said "yeah it will look great now but in 15 years that dragon fly will not be on your hip it will be on your knee and look like a teradactyl (sp?)..." I stopped looking at tattoo pictures and tried to keep from smacking her for her honesty ;)....in the end the blunt response (no idea where she gets THAT from) was appreciated because she was probably right! - besides my one of my other children reminded me that I really don't like needles and they have to use a needle to put the tattoo on!

So - no Tattoo's on me!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 AM

Not me, anything that involves needles just doesn't appeal to me. I spent 28 in the Navy without one, not going to start now.

Lanny
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by bkb
No tats here. don't want to watch a pretty little rose bud turn into a long stemmed blob!
My daisy is fast becomming a sunflower, lol, it's all good I love them too!
I had one of mine touched up recently at a tattoo convention, by the same company as the original was done though my artist has since passed away. (He wasn't young when he did mine, but he was awesome).
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 AM

I only have a small hummingbird on my right shoulder, and that's it!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
The aging process seems to be taking care of unique body defilations. I will not pay to speed this up.
Too funny!! I seem to be having the same issues!! No, no tattoos for me...but I do have one of those temporary ones in the avatar....keeping it for a special occasion!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I don't think I could tolerate markings on my skin that didn't wash off. I'd feel like I would need to wash it off. DD got a small one when she graduated college. Her next Christmas gift was us paying to have it removed. Thank goodness she chose the new easy to remove inks. My youngest came home one day with wings and whatever across her back. It was a temp! (DH was livid anyway) It lasted all summer! Before it was gone she was embarrassed by it so no worry about her getting a real one. My teacher friends tell me that the young kids now think real tattoos are for old people, the new temp body art is the future.