tattoos?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 AM

I have 7 and love them all.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182671.jpe  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

I really really really want one BUT can't decide on the where or the what. It would have to be covered with regular work clothes. It could not be affected by weight fluctuations (butterfly should not turn into Mothra!). It should not be affected by hair growth (don't want the bearded lady on my calf). AND I have too many spots on my skin and connect the dots is not a game that I want tattooed on my arms. lol

I did have a great idea though. I have a scar just above the - ahem - "coin slot" from back surgery, and I have a scar on the front from my hysterectomy. Wouldn't it be cool to have a zipper on both sides? Too bad they won't tat over scars.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 AM

Doctor advised me not to get one because of diabetes, but LOVE them anyway!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:03 AM

I have both lower legs sleeved out...my avatar is the last one I got about a year ago. I love them and don't regret getting them. In fact, I've won awards at tattoo competitions for my tattoos...working on putting a plan together to get my arms done also... :)
Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 AM

I have none, my husband said he would divorce me if I ever got one. However, he wants to get a flathead engine on his shoulder. How is that fair. Maybe I will get me a new sewing machine since I cant get a tatoo
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 AM

I have a dragonfly on my right shoulder. I waited until I was 35 to get one and I love it!!! I want to get one on the top of my foot, but not sure what yet.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't think I could tolerate markings on my skin that didn't wash off. I'd feel like I would need to wash it off. DD got a small one when she graduated college. Her next Christmas gift was us paying to have it removed. Thank goodness she chose the new easy to remove inks. My youngest came home one day with wings and whatever across her back. It was a temp! (DH was livid anyway) It lasted all summer! Before it was gone she was embarrassed by it so no worry about her getting a real one. My teacher friends tell me that the young kids now think real tattoos are for old people, the new temp body art is the future.
I had no idea they had evolved so much as to be washable in a few months. That's a great idea.

I don't have any tattoos and don't want any. I would rather accessorize with other things. Don't want to get one that would be covered up with clothes, what would be the point? And Bella, I'm with you in feeling like I would have to be washing it off. Too funny! :lol:
Old 04-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

I have two, not quilt related. Has anyone ever taken a gander at Karen McTavish's tattoo? She obviously designed it herself, it is a huge victorian feather on her arm. She also sings with a heavy metal band! Here is a link and you can see her tat.
http://www.apqs.com/artists_karenmctavish.php
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I have two, not quilt related. Has anyone ever taken a gander at Karen McTavish's tattoo? She obviously designed it herself, it is a huge victorian feather on her arm. She also sings with a heavy metal band! Here is a link and you can see her tat.
I have admired her tat many times, it is beautiful!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I have admired her tat many times, it is beautiful!