Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A trip to NYC I wasn't planning on  (Picture heavy) >

A trip to NYC I wasn't planning on (Picture heavy)

A trip to NYC I wasn't planning on (Picture heavy)

Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
My fiance lives on Staten Island. I go there at least 2 times a year and absolutely LOVE it! The first time I rode the Staten Island Ferry I had tears streaming from my eyes when I seen the Statue of Liberty for the first time. My sweetheart says it's all old to him but he took me everywhere! From Wall Street, to Broadway, Times Square, 5th Avenue, Oh Heavens I can't mention it all it's so much! I love the diners too, Vegas in Brooklyn is my favorite...also The Colonade on Staten Island!! One of my favorite spots is Strands Book Store! We go in there and spend what seems hours, he always makes sure I'm fully loaded with any book I find interesting! Anyway, I told my mother I have to make sure she visits there someday...everyone should see it at least once!
:shock: OH and St Patricks Cathedral is just breath taking inside!! Oh and I think it's the Old Trinity Church where they made the movie National Treasure...amazing! Also love walking thru the old cemetarys looking at the old headstones. Ok, I'm done...I could go and on and on and on....!! :mrgreen: I miss it very much.. :XD: :-( :lol:
MommaK...I am from Staten Island!!! I moved away in 2002 to be with my DH in VA, I MISS it so much (well, not the traffic on Forest Ave or Hylan Blvd but the rest, a LOT!!!!) And the Colonnade diner!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the memories. I was in New York for 5 nights with my 2 sisters in September 2010. We had a wonderful time. Great pictures.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 AM

Loved the trip to NY. Thanks so much.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Banned

I tell you what it looks like you guys had a ball and the city sure looks exciting with all of the hustle and bustle going on. They say it is a city that never sleeps and I can believe it, my wife and daughter go there once a year to do their shopping and spa trip.

I have never been and there is no way I would go. My wife has been pestering me for years to go with her and Holly and I will not do it. If I were on the subway with you on your trip I would have shot damn near everyone on the train especially the guy with the Kleenex. :lol: I just can not do crowds, and if I have a lot of folks around me and I cant keep track of what is going on I get really nervous. (Hence Billy and his gun permit)

Years ago it would never have bothered me but as I get older I am noticing that I have developed more of a "keep to myself" type of mentality. I wish I were not like this because I have always wanted to see Central Park and go to the Macy's up there. A lot of really interesting history and architecture to be enjoyed and being a die hard foodie I would be in heaven there but I just cant do it. :roll: :-(

Billy
Old 11-29-2010, 07:35 AM

If you ever want to come I will be more than happy to take you around.
Maride,
I'm coming to NYC on Sunday with my daughter. She
has to come for her work. We will be together Sunday
and Monday, but I will be in big ol' NYC all by myself
on Tuesday. I have been trying to decide what to do
by myself and then I saw your reply. Any suggestions?
Marcia
Old 11-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the pics. I live in New York state and never been to the big city. These pics make me want to go.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 AM

Great pictures. I would like to see NYC again, haven't been since I was very young and your pictures make me start dreaming about going back.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by marciacp
If you ever want to come I will be more than happy to take you around.
Maride,
I'm coming to NYC on Sunday with my daughter. She
has to come for her work. We will be together Sunday
and Monday, but I will be in big ol' NYC all by myself
on Tuesday. I have been trying to decide what to do
by myself and then I saw your reply. Any suggestions?
Marcia
Where will you be staying? We can meet for an early lunch and hang around a bit. The fashion district sound like a must as well as a few other spots. Bring enough batteries for the camera. Very expensive here. Don't ask how I know.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Love your pics. Last spring my DDIL treated me to a train trip to NYC & the Garment District. She asked me if there was anywhere I absolutely HAD to go to. I said Mood. That place is amazing. I was looking for Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn but couldn't find them. The fabric is amazing, nothing for quilting though. She says she will take me back again now that I know what to expect.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:24 PM

love your pics.thanks for sharing