Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Very Clever Commercials

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I think the subaru dog commercials are hysterical. Especially this one !: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWqdRYUH9QQ
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by institches33 View Post
    I've done something I've never done in my lifetime and that is to email a company concerning their tv ad. The Breyer commercial where the parents are eating some new kind of ice cream and the 6 year old is asking for some. The selfish parents don't give in, saying it's for grownups. Horrible.

That commercial reminds me of this blog post from the rebel heart blog. They force their kids to be on a boat 24/7 with not much to do, then bake a yummy cake at night, then when the 3 yo asks for some they lie and say it's all gone and give her 5 gumdrops instead. What the heck. How much cake could a 3 yo possibly eat and why not just give a sliver? It's not as if she had much else to look forward to.

They are no longer at sea (the younger child who was sick just before they left got sick again and they had to be rescued by the national guard and the navy). But I'm sure they'll go right back once they get the funds for a new boat.

http://www.therebelheart.com/charlot...h-31-2014.html

I'll tell you a couple I think are cute. The puppy at camp singing to the old Alan Sherman song. And then there is the one with the young Canadian singing group "dressed up as a pirate in this restaurant". Those are some that I actually like.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I hated MUTING commercials. My Husband does it and so do his parents when they are around. If you mute a commercial you need to watch it so you don't miss the actual program. If I can hear it I can tune it out enough so that I can hear when the program comes back on . I read or sew and watch TV at the same time. I always know when to go back to check the screen when the noise changes.

One radio ad that drives both my DH and I absolutely crazy is "1-800-Kars-4-Kids". Their jingle is like nails on a blackboard.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    Add me to the list of haters of Flo and the Progressive ads. Ugh!

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I like the Mucinex ads with those green mucus monsters setting up home and having parties in people's lungs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2