Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
I want to go out so bad tonight for mexican. Realy it is my last chance. To night is my last normal meal. And I mean it. I'm in the hospital tomorrow and no food for 3to 5 days and after that only liquids then soft foods. I'm sure to lose some weight now.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by vanessa
Good Morning! May I ask what you are having done?

I want to go out so bad tonight for mexican. Realy it is my last chance. To night is my last normal meal. And I mean it. I'm in the hospital tomorrow and no food for 3to 5 days and after that only liquids then soft foods. I'm sure to lose some weight now.
A Hiatal Hernia repair.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 AM

I help my sweet tooth out by drinking the sugar-free drinks you can put in a bottle of water (or a glass of ice and water for me). They have no sugar, no calories and taste very good. I'm having a raspberry lemonade one this morning, but usually this is my night time drink to help me from eating.

They have all kinds of flavors so you can have a wide variety and not get tired of them. My favorite is the cherry limeade - which is the Wal-Mart brand one.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 AM

So I did a bit of editing...OK?

Missy and all the rest of you ladies:
Instead of cheap Wal Mart Plastic stuff...
how about shopping for one or two really special old plates at the second hand store...hand wash them, it's good exercise.

Think of it as recycling with style...find one that is small, stylish, and says "I feel pretty" or "I am special" or "I feel loved"...

The antique ones were smaller in size to begin with.
May come with a bread plate, small bowl & even a cup & saucer for tea.

Now make yourself a really pretty place mat upon which to sit your place serving ...turn on some calm lovely music to eat by, slower eating is good for the digestive system...add a bit of romance with some candle light...we do love ourselves, that is the goal here, is it not?

And let those who like cheap Wal Mart eat from those things...
we can treat ourselves a wee bit better than that...or hefty Styrofoam throw away ...we can...and I just showed you how you could afford to eat off fine china...they get rid of what there is not enough of, right?

Their toss is our weight loss helper!

so hard to just lurk. I am not being very successful at it at all...

Oh Grandma12 you are so creative! I bought my plate yesterday and it is not an antique but it is very pretty and I love it. There are a zillion antique stores here and so I will start shopping them and the thrift stores because I can have two plates, no? :)

I do love your style of lurking!

Missy
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 AM

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Maybe you can make alot of smoothies! You might win the weight loss for August!

A Hiatal Hernia repair.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 AM

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Maybe you can make alot of smoothies! You might win the weight loss for August!

A Hiatal Hernia repair.
I will be praying also for you! I am sorry you are having to undergo a surgery. Hang in there!

Missy
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM

Does dreaming about food add calories to your intake? Last night, hubby brought home fried chicken which I did not eat. But all night long I had dreams about food, everything from stuffed crab to loaded baked potatoes to chicken wings.

Good news is that I woke up this am and I wasnt hungry!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Does dreaming about food add calories to your intake? Last night, hubby brought home fried chicken which I did not eat. But all night long I had dreams about food, everything from stuffed crab to loaded baked potatoes to chicken wings.

Good news is that I woke up this am and I wasnt hungry!
Oh that is funny. I think that we should be able to dream about food calorie-free. hehehe

Missy
Old 08-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Well, Ladies and Gents, I had a bad night last night. I worked late so DAH (darling almost husband) said he'd make dinner, I suggested a taco salad, but no... he made those frozen chicken breasts that are stuffed (lobster and scallops) with a salad and corn. That in it's self was bad enough but after dinner I joined him with a bowl of ice cream :( :( The ice cream was sugar free light but still I had more than just one serving. I know not to be too hard on myself but I had high hopes for being totally committed this time. Of course today is a brand new day so I will try to do better. I skipped breakfast (shame on me, but I take meds that have to be taken on an empy stomache and can't eat for 2 to 3 hours after taking), but for lunch I had a serving of special K blueberry with a cup of light yogurt. I don't care for milk so I use yogurt on my cereals makes the yogurt crunchy :) I have 2 nice peaches to eat later, (one was for breakfast that I missed). I work late tonite too so am hoping DAH waits for me to make dinner. Or at least makes the taco salad I suggested last nite. Or a chicken salad in half a cantelope yum yum. Sweet and salt together, nothing better. I hope it's okay to share so much, it keeps me honest when I have to tell. Also makes me reconsider bad choices (sometimes)
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Well, Ladies and Gents, I had a bad night last night. I worked late so DAH (darling almost husband) said he'd make dinner, I suggested a taco salad, but no... he made those frozen chicken breasts that are stuffed (lobster and scallops) with a salad and corn. That in it's self was bad enough but after dinner I joined him with a bowl of ice cream :( :( The ice cream was sugar free light but still I had more than just one serving. I know not to be too hard on myself but I had high hopes for being totally committed this time. Of course today is a brand new day so I will try to do better. I skipped breakfast (shame on me, but I take meds that have to be taken on an empy stomache and can't eat for 2 to 3 hours after taking), but for lunch I had a serving of special K blueberry with a cup of light yogurt. I don't care for milk so I use yogurt on my cereals makes the yogurt crunchy :) I have 2 nice peaches to eat later, (one was for breakfast that I missed). I work late tonite too so am hoping DAH waits for me to make dinner. Or at least makes the taco salad I suggested last nite. Or a chicken salad in half a cantelope yum yum. Sweet and salt together, nothing better. I hope it's okay to share so much, it keeps me honest when I have to tell. Also makes me reconsider bad choices (sometimes)
You are right. Today is a new day. Hang in there!

Missy