Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

DS is visiting and I have a chocolate cream pie in the fridge calling my name...............HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
DS is visiting and I have a chocolate cream pie in the fridge calling my name...............HELP!!!!!!!!!
What has a louder voice the chocolate cream pie or almost 20 yards of fabric? Pretty pretty fabric - you can do it :thumbup:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 PM

Aww hun! I so understand!! I was at Applebees with mom today and the people right next to us ordered 4 (YES I did say FOUR) maple blondies. Oh. My. Gosh. I wanted to leap on those skinny girls snarfing that down so bad. I told my mom I was going to the car and waiting on her. We had already finished our lunch and had already paid so there was no reason I could see why I needed to be subjected to watching those teeny girls eating only-God-knows-how-many-calories. Meh.

Oh well. I just wanted to say I understand and to hang in there.

Missy
Old 08-04-2010, 04:25 PM

I've been do'n good so far this week... It's sooo hard though. Food is every where! TV should ban food commercials! And then every night hubby freak'n nukes a bag of freak'n popcorn, sit's there & eats it one freak'n kernal at a time while I sit there smelling it and going freak'n NUTS!!!!

Can you tell I've eat'n my daily intake allowance & I am struggling not to pig out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*keeps reminding self* Stay on track so I will loose the waddle when I walk. Stay on track so I won't need to go on meds for high cholesterol. Stay on track so I won't go up another size in my clothes!

Maybe I'll a PM and sleep this off!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Banned

OK so I didn't have the pie it was worse................DS went for milk, now he knows I can't go grocery shopping and I only have the church get what is needed. Ice cream isn't needed so I never have it on my list. I am greatful they do my shopping I don't want to impose on them having to carry ice cream too. DS came in and announced he had ice cream with the works. I don't even remenber the last time I had ice cream, probaby about 2 years ago. I said skrew the diet, I had a hot fudge sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:12 PM

OK so I didn't have the pie it was worse................DS went for milk, now he knows I can't go grocery shopping and I only have the church get what is needed. Ice cream isn't needed so I never have it on my list. I am greatful they do my shopping I don't want to impose on them having to carry ice cream too. DS came in and announced he had ice cream with the works. I don't even remenber the last time I had ice cream, probaby about 2 years ago. I said skrew the diet, I had a hot fudge sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do what Gwyn suggested and just count this as one of your three free things. I'm proud of you for doing what you do for Joyce and yourself. I think there was nothing wrong with what you ate. Maybe for some it would have been horrible but you even said it has been two years since you last had it.

You are doing good. I am still proud of you.

Missy
Old 08-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
I've been do'n good so far this week... It's sooo hard though. Food is every where! TV should ban food commercials! And then every night hubby freak'n nukes a bag of freak'n popcorn, sit's there & eats it one freak'n kernal at a time while I sit there smelling it and going freak'n NUTS!!!!

Can you tell I've eat'n my daily intake allowance & I am struggling not to pig out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*keeps reminding self* Stay on track so I will loose the waddle when I walk. Stay on track so I won't need to go on meds for high cholesterol. Stay on track so I won't go up another size in my clothes!

Maybe I'll a PM and sleep this off!!!!
Way to go on staying on track for the week. I LOVE popcorn and have found that the 100 calorie bags work great for me. Plus the new Kernel Season's flavorings are yumm-o on the popcorn. Popcorn is not a bad food at all. It is full of fiber and is an easy snack.

Hang in there girl!

Missy
Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Quilteddove, get yourself some 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn and enjoy it one kernel at a time right along with him. Popcorn is actually GOOD for you! It's corn remember? And 100 calories of popcorn is a very nice size serving and packed full of fiber!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:07 PM

If you make popcorn in a pan it's even less calories.

Big bluder tonight, my stomach hurt so I ate early. Big mistake. By 5 o'clock I was again hungry. I had calories left so I had a piece of bread with Brummel and Brown and a bit of boysenberry jam. That was the good part, that was sorta planned. I was still hungry so I had a bite of my husband's hamburger. It probably put me over on calories, but I learned a lesson. Have patience.

I did walk 3 miles this morning and I rode 7 miles tonight. It's 110 so I should get points for going.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
If you make popcorn in a pan it's even less calories.

Big bluder tonight, my stomach hurt so I ate early. Big mistake. By 5 o'clock I was again hungry. I had calories left so I had a piece of bread with Brummel and Brown and a bit of boysenberry jam. That was the good part, that was sorta planned. I was still hungry so I had a bite of my husband's hamburger. It probably put me over on calories, but I learned a lesson. Have patience.

I did walk 3 miles this morning and I rode 7 miles tonight. It's 110 so I should get points for going.
Holy moly CarolJ! You did fantastic on the exercise!! Way to go! All those miles of walking and riding burned that bite of hamburger off I am sure!

Wow. I feel so lazy compared to what you have been doing.

Missy