Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM

I'm in--if it's not too late! Baby is sleeping more now, so to the treadmill I go!

Rose Hall
Old 08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Well folks. I just got home from my nutrition class and my weigh in at the hospital. I gained 7 pounds and so I am just going to have to increase my activity level and take my lasix and eat right. I feel bad but I cannot change what the scales said. I am sad but I am still determined to have this surgery so I have to pick myself up and shake off the dust on my skirt and move on. Sigh.

Sometimes life stinks.

Missy
Missy you were on vacation for 2 weeks even though you gained 7 lbs during a vacation that is not alot in my book. GEEEEEEEEE I gained 3 lbs over a weekend a few weeks ago. I was eating chocolate cake and blueberry pancakes. You're home now you will get back into the swing of things. Put signs up here you can see them and write in BIG lettere I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!! Take the picture of your bras and tape that some place too. You WILL do it!!!!!!!!! You were my biggest loser for June and you had lost the most amount of anyone since this started, keep up the good work don't let the number get you down.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Old 08-02-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Well folks. I just got home from my nutrition class and my weigh in at the hospital. I gained 7 pounds and so I am just going to have to increase my activity level and take my lasix and eat right. I feel bad but I cannot change what the scales said. I am sad but I am still determined to have this surgery so I have to pick myself up and shake off the dust on my skirt and move on. Sigh.

Sometimes life stinks.

Missy
Missy you were on vacation for 2 weeks even though you gained 7 lbs during a vacation that is not alot in my book. GEEEEEEEEE I gained 3 lbs over a weekend a few weeks ago. I was eating chocolate cake and blueberry pancakes. You're home now you will get back into the swing of things. Put signs up here you can see them and write in BIG lettere I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!! Take the picture of your bras and tape that some place too. You WILL do it!!!!!!!!! You were my biggest loser for June and you had lost the most amount of anyone since this started, keep up the good work don't let the number get you down.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am feeling better about it now. I am just going to increase my activity level and drink more water and take my lasix. I printed out that picture of my gorgeous, ginormous bras (insert sarcasm)and now have it taped next to me where my laptop is.

Missy
Old 08-02-2010, 01:28 PM

Here's a really good tasting snack for you all. Its one I got from ww years ago.

Gram Crackers
FF Cool Whip

Break the gram cracker in half and spread (frozen) cool whip on top of one cracker and then place the other half on top. (remember this is the treat that makes you feel like your cheating.) Eat and enjoy. They are only 4 points on a WW diet.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM

Sometimes life stinks.

Missy
Great attitude! This time it will be better as you have honed the skills to do it.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Missy, no one will look down on you because of your starting weight on this page. We are ALL here because we feel we need to lose weight. Wouldn't be here if we didn't feel that way. I am very large as well, and have longed to be able to have the gastric bypass but my insurance won't cover it, and I can't afford it. I keep plugging away at it and I know you will too. I will keep you in my prayers. It's obvious that you are doing something right!! Doctors won't even consider you for surgery unless they have confidence that you will be able to stick with the diet and exercise regimen after surgery. So you have all of us believing in you and your doctors too, right? Have faith in God and yourself and you will do just fine!!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:47 PM

Hang in there Missy Girl! I am a Yo-Yo dieter so I know what you are going thru and I know if you did it once you can do it again!

Concieve it, Believe it, Achieve it!

God Bless
Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 PM

I think it is important to remember we are not dieting. We are learning to use food appropriately. Our mission isn't fewer pounds, it is healthier bodies. The changes we make today will effect the rest of our lives. I'm never going back to binging. But by far, the most difficult part is to get my butt in gear and get moving. There isn't a type of exercise that I like. If it makes me huff and puff, or sweaty, forget it. Soooo

I cleaned up my room and instead of putting the ironing board close to the sewing machine, I jput it across the room. Now I sit, sew, stand, walk, iron, walk sit, sew...
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM

LOL Gwyn! Ifeel the same way about exercise. That's the reason I love to swim so much. I keep cool and not sweaty and it's actually good for my bad back as it is very easy on the joints. Can't beat feeling weightless while you're at it too. Marathon shopping is great exercise too!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
LOL Gwyn! Ifeel the same way about exercise. That's the reason I love to swim so much. I keep cool and not sweaty and it's actually good for my bad back as it is very easy on the joints. Can't beat feeling weightless while you're at it too. Marathon shopping is great exercise too!
Although I enjoy being in the water, I don't like using the community shower, or being cold when I get out. I really hate having to get into the car and go any where or for any reason. Once or twice a month is about all I every leave my home. Shopping? I don't bother, I have a computer. Shopping centers and malls are really scarry to me. Too many people, and too much noise. I also get really lost. Better I stay home.

My favorite exercise is holding one of my grandchildren on my lap in the rocking chair, reciting a book from memory, singing songs or while the watch TV or go to sleep.