Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 PM

Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I really love this group of folks!

I am going back to walking the channel in the morning. I am going to walk my normal two miles and hopefully by going back to the exercise program I put myself on it will get me back on track.

I had my session with my therapist today and she thinks I am doing great as far as this program goes. She is fully supportive of me having the surgery. That is a relief.

Tomorrow I see my psychiatrist and, I must say, I love that man. He is so funny and so smart. I can already tell you he is not going to change a thing and that is fine with me. (I see him every fourth Tuesday.) Don't fix what ain't broken!

Oh and I am sure you are wanting to know all about my minute by minute life so I thought I would mention that I am starving and that my dinner needs to get out of the oven SOON. We are having eggplant parmesan. Yumm-O!

Heh.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90530.jpe  
Old 08-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I think it is important to remember we are not dieting. We are learning to use food appropriately. Our mission isn't fewer pounds, it is healthier bodies. The changes we make today will effect the rest of our lives. I'm never going back to binging. But by far, the most difficult part is to get my butt in gear and get moving. There isn't a type of exercise that I like. If it makes me huff and puff, or sweaty, forget it. Soooo

I cleaned up my room and instead of putting the ironing board close to the sewing machine, I jput it across the room. Now I sit, sew, stand, walk, iron, walk sit, sew...
You are ever so right!! It is about a lifestyle change not a diet. Yes ma'am you are right.

Missy
Old 08-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
LOL Gwyn! Ifeel the same way about exercise. That's the reason I love to swim so much. I keep cool and not sweaty and it's actually good for my bad back as it is very easy on the joints. Can't beat feeling weightless while you're at it too. Marathon shopping is great exercise too!
Although I enjoy being in the water, I don't like using the community shower, or being cold when I get out. I really hate having to get into the car and go any where or for any reason. Once or twice a month is about all I every leave my home. Shopping? I don't bother, I have a computer. Shopping centers and malls are really scarry to me. Too many people, and too much noise. I also get really lost. Better I stay home.

My favorite exercise is holding one of my grandchildren on my lap in the rocking chair, reciting a book from memory, singing songs or while the watch TV or go to sleep.
Awww Gwyn! Can I be your grandchild? I wanna sing and read. Oh. Wait. I am doing that now. Sorry. I am movin' on now people. *snort*

Missy
Old 08-02-2010, 04:36 PM

My favorite memory of my Grandma was sitting on her lap in her chair as she rocked. She never got tired of rocking. Her chair 'walked' to the left so every so often we had to move it over or we would run into the wall. Her cuckoo clock was on the wall above her chair. I wish I had a cuckoo clock. Mine got broken in our move to New Mexico. Now one of the weights is lost. Maybe I'll be able to get one next time Ben goes overseas.

Grandma always smelled cool, like an ocean breeze, but with a little hint of roses or lilac. Her favorite color was blue. She and I would poor over her Ideal magazines. Is Ideal still making magazines?

Oh well, beck to reality. I need to get up and moving. Watch out for the evening, danger, danger, danger, MUNCHY attack. Stay strong...
Old 08-02-2010, 04:39 PM

Miss Gwyn,
your memories are my memories. My grandma smelled cool and the color blue always reminds me her. I still think my grandma smelled like the color blue would. No wonder it is my favorite color!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane and for the reminder that evening is muchine time! I needed both
Old 08-02-2010, 05:03 PM

My favorite memory of my Grandma was sitting on her lap in her chair as she rocked. She never got tired of rocking. Her chair 'walked' to the left so every so often we had to move it over or we would run into the wall. Her cuckoo clock was on the wall above her chair. I wish I had a cuckoo clock. Mine got broken in our move to New Mexico. Now one of the weights is lost. Maybe I'll be able to get one next time Ben goes overseas.

Grandma always smelled cool, like an ocean breeze, but with a little hint of roses or lilac. Her favorite color was blue. She and I would poor over her Ideal magazines. Is Ideal still making magazines?

Oh well, beck to reality. I need to get up and moving. Watch out for the evening, danger, danger, danger, MUNCHY attack. Stay strong...
Aww how sweet Gwyn! I never had any grandparents so I don't have any memories.

I just finished dinner and if I get the munchies I will eat my serving of grapes (17 large) or a pear or a peach. I love snacking on fruit.

Missy
Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

There isn't a type of exercise that I like. If it makes me huff and puff, or sweaty, forget it.
If I wanted to sweat I would wrap myself in an electric blanket and crank it up to high!!!!! :P :P :P
Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM

I just finished dinner and if I get the munchies I will eat my serving of grapes (17 large) or a pear or a peach. I love snacking on fruit.

Missy[/quote]

Missy: Have you every tried frozen grapes. Not those nasty ones that come in the mellon fruit salad. Sometimes green grapes that have been frozen are really good when it is hot.

I also like to make a popcycle by putting fresh fruit into a paper cup. Then I add club soda or diet lemon-lime soda, or if you have it, mix orange and pineapple juice. Cover the cup with foil or plastic and put a stick through the foil and into the cup. Freeze. YOur kids will fight you for these.

Have fun
Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 AM

This looks really yummy, but would it come out okay without the wheat germ or bran? I have celiac and can't have that.

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Here you go Vanessa..............Smoothie Recipe

Smoothie

2 Tbs wheat germ or bran
2 tsp molasses
4 oz fat free milk
1/4 c plain yogurt
fruit any 1 of the following:
1 c strawberries
1 c blueberries
1/4 c natural no sugar added applesauce
1/2 banana
4 oz jar baby fruit
about 4 ice cubes.

I like to use a 4 oz jar of baby fruit, just dump it in and your sll set. It is so conveint, peachs, pears, apple/bluberry, pears/raspberry. The combo's are endless. Make sure you get just fruit as they have apple cobbler and stuff like that you just want the plain fruit.
I have a handheld blender. I just put it in a large glass and in about 30 seconds you have a smoothie.
The easiest is 1 oz jar baby fruit.

The molasses adds a drop of sweetness but I use it because it is packed with iron. I interchange the wheat germ and bran along with fruits so it gives it a different taste. I usually have this for breakfast or afternoon snack.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:38 AM

I missed what kind of surgery you are going to have Missy. Can you share with me?

Vanessa

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Well folks. I just got home from my nutrition class and my weigh in at the hospital. I gained 7 pounds and so I am just going to have to increase my activity level and take my lasix and eat right. I feel bad but I cannot change what the scales said. I am sad but I am still determined to have this surgery so I have to pick myself up and shake off the dust on my skirt and move on. Sigh.

Sometimes life stinks.

Missy