Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 AM

Ok, here's the thread:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm#1679436
Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Banned

I got my new scale today, could it be broken or is it my floor is not straight? I put it in 1 place and it says 1 weight and I moved it an it is 2 lbs heavier. What do you think???????????
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM

weigh yourself in the second place and then definately use the first place to weigh yourself in later so you get a positive outcome. Just guessing here LOL
Old 10-05-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I got my new scale today, could it be broken or is it my floor is not straight? I put it in 1 place and it says 1 weight and I moved it an it is 2 lbs heavier. What do you think???????????
It very well could be the floor Tru. I would put it where you are skinnier. But, hey, that is just me. Hehehe!

Oh my goodness Tru. You asked whether or not those pictures were engagement photos. They aren't but Mike has been using the M word lately. My mom even called my dad to ask him if he is ready for a December wedding. Sheesh. Part of me wants him to pop the question and part of me is just scared to death. Make sense?

I am really enjoying being with Mike. I heart him BIG.

Missy
Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

U use it in the same spot every time you weigh. My moms scale will show a different weight if I move it from 1 spot to another. Sometimes it has to do with the flooring. Also don't use it on carpet.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 AM

LOL!!! truepeach1.... maybe it needs to be calibrated???
Put a 5 pound bag of flour or sugar , or a 1 pound box of butter on it and then adjust it to read the proper weight.
Also, most scales need to stay in one place to remain accurate... and not in a steamy bathroom.
Oh, and then toss the flour, sugar and butter 'cause we shouldn't be having any of that stuff.

:lol: :-D :-D
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM

...."Oh my goodness Tru. You asked whether or not those pictures were engagement photos. They aren't but Mike has been using the M word lately. My mom even called my dad to ask him if he is ready for a December wedding. Sheesh. Part of me wants him to pop the question and part of me is just scared to death. Make sense?

I am really enjoying being with Mike. I heart him BIG."...

Missy ... From the smiles in those photos it looks as though the lovin' goes both ways!!
A Winter wedding would be wonderful!!
:lol:
Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gramadona
LOL!!! truepeach1.... maybe it needs to be calibrated???
Put a 5 pound bag of flour or sugar , or a 1 pound box of butter on it and then adjust it to read the proper weight.
Also, most scales need to stay in one place to remain accurate... and not in a steamy bathroom.
Oh, and then toss the flour, sugar and butter 'cause we shouldn't be having any of that stuff.

:lol: :-D :-D
Never thought of the flour trick I will try that. Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 10:01 AM

O.K. I'm in on this one. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM

tru - scales will tell a different weight in different places. mine gives me 3 different weights in 3 different parts of the house. I just put my scale in a place that it gave me the lowest weight. You should also be sure to weigh yourself at the same time of the day (whatever your weigh in day is) Weight fluctuates at different times of the day. I'm heaviest in the morning and before bed, but around 2-4 in the afternoon I seem to be the lowest.

MIssy - I love your pictures! I was a winter bride (got married in February) and it's wonderful! I hope for you that you stay as happy as you are now.

Overall my eating has been pretty good so far this week. I've hit the gym 4 times and I'm going again tomorrow, but can't on Thursday.. so that's ok. I'll just do some more fun stuff with the baby.

So far since March I'm down 34 pounds and I'm so excited to keep it off. I'm fitting in clothes that I haven't worn since pre-pregnancy and I'm still shrinking!