Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 PM

Hi Ladies, Please talk about what you like to eat. I like to make homemade chicken stew for our dinners. It is so filling and has very few calories for the amount of food. I always refrigerate the juice and then throw away any remaining fat before I put in all the good vegetables. I also find that I can eat large salad with dressing on the side when going out for a meal. I have two or three pieces of fruit every day and have oat meal which also keeps the cholesterol down in this lovely body.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm basically eat the same foods just smaller portions and try to include a salad with dressing. I cut out candy, cakes and ice cream. Maybe once a week I will have chips. I have added exercise to my routine 4 to 5 days a week depening on my mood or body aches. To be honest I refuse to give up flavorful foods that I enjoy. I've never been a big eater but I loved me chocolate and didn't exercise and I believe that was my biggest down fall.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:20 AM

I have discovered over the years that if I try to eliminate something from my diet I fixate on that item. I have much better luck by telling myself I could have that treat, but I am just not going to have it right now. I have also tried to eat smaller portions during meals. I haven't done as much exercising as I would like, life seems to get in the way. Oh well, I didn't gain the weight overnight so it stands to reason I won't lose it overnight.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Post a recipe for your Chicken Stew.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Banned

Am I getting old or what?????????? I can't remember what I ate for breakfast before I started this diet way back at the beginning of the year. For weeks now I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast expect if I remember on Sunday I have pancakes. Now I am not a cereal person but once in awhile I use to have All Bran cereal for breakfast, but I can't remember what else. For the life of me I can't remember what I would eat for breakfast. Now the pancake for breakfast only started after I started dieting and only on Sunday. What the heck did I eat?????? Now with lunch I love soup so I know I usually had soup for lunch and I still do now. Dinner is almost the same except I weigh and measure everything and cut out butter and fats. I never had sugar in coffee or tea so that didn't change. I just can't figure out what I would eat for breakfast. It wasn't eggs I like eggs but if I eat then in the morning I feel like I will barf the reat of the days. I know I am rambling but what in the world did I eat for breakfast????????
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM

I eat high fiber, low fat whenever possible. I always use Dreamfields pasta (it blocks all but 5 carbs). I eat a lot of fruits/veggies and chicken and pork. My vice is popcorn, about once every two weeks. I never eat chips, fries, and I'm not big on potatoes. I avoid sweets all together because they are my red light food.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Today I'm going to make a chocolate cake that's sweetened by apple juice concentrate and pitted prunes.
OK so where is this recipe???????????? Funny Missy and I were just talking about prunes and what do you know it is here in your recipe. PLEASE POST IT!!!!!!!!!!! thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SandraD
My vice is popcorn, about once every two weeks.
OMG I LOOOVEEEEEE popcorn. Caramel popcorn or butter or plain with nothing not even salt on it. I could eat it by the tub full. Everyone else could have their sugar, cakes and cookies give me my popcorn!!!!!!!!!!! However the plus side is when I checked out the health benefits of popcorn it is the healthiest fiber you could eat because it has the germ and the bran most fibers don't have it all. Also 3 cups of popcorn is equal to 1 serving of whole grain food. Popcorn is healthy for you so you really don't have to limit yourself to once every 2 weeks. This has become my go to snack for the past few weeks.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Banned

I want apples................I want to make baked apples they say fall to me. When the night are cool and the sun goes down I like a hot cup of tea and a nice cinnamon laced baked apple. Cinnimon is a great anti oxident google it so it is a healthy choice. A baked apple is one vitamin packed healthy dessert. Core the apple put a few raisins in the hole along with cinnamon and bake. YUUUUMMMMMOOOOO but I don't have apples. It is Friday and the lady who does my grocery shopping won't go until next Wednesday. The last bag of apples were not very tasty for eating out of your hand so I made them into spiced applesauce I hope the next bag would be better. Gwyn told me of Harry and Davids so I could buy apples on line but when I checked the price Yes I could buy them on line if I was RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THAT I CAN"T GET TO A STORE MYSELF! It makes me want to cry, that is the hardest thing for me is I can't get the food I want or need for a diet when I have to depend on others and their time. boohoo!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 AM

Stop the pitty party. You are so much better off this year than last.

I wanted to tell everyone that prunes and prune juice do really good things for people who are diabetic. My mother has alwasy been anemic, but after a month drinking 6 oz. of prune juice every day, she is now up in the normal range for all woman. Her bouncy, trouncy blood sugars came back on line and she feels better than ever. We also tried the prunes that are called "Ones". These are individually wrapped, pitted prumes. They look nice enough to put into a cancy dish, and they are so sweet and juicy you wont believe your mouth.

One day I had a really high sugar that then plummeted to the 40's. I was a mess. Mom gave me one prune and it stopped the hypoglycemic problem in its tracks. It also made me thursty. So I recommend prunes and prune Juice at least a little bit a day.