Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

[quote=bronald. I asked my husband if we could move the bed outside and he says sure but I'm not coming with you.lol[/quote]

Lucky you a room of your own, as BIG as all outdoors!!!! LOL
Old 10-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
Post a recipe for your Chicken Stew.
I cook very basic so there are no specifics for amounts.
One whole chicken cooked in one quart of chicken broth(low sodium) for 45 min or you can bake it then add meat to broth.
I then add 5 med potatoes, 6 carrots, 4-5 stalks of celery, one onion, all vegetables chopped to your desired size,(about 3 in" around) 1 tsp salt or so, pepper to taste, and 2-3 Tblp. poultry seasoning, fresh rosemary(from my yard), 2-3 dried bay leaves, and fresh mushrooms(about 10 if you like them) sliced.
Debone chicken, remove all visable fat and refrigerate broth until fat floats to top, discard fat. Return broth to pan on med. heat and add seasonings, vegetables, and chicken in that order. Simmer about 30 to 40 min. stir several times and extra water if too dry, and Enjoy!! Sorry I did not respond sooner. I was out of town making a 2nd birthday quilt.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 PM

I've been sick to my stomach all day. I'm going to skip dinner as my stomach hurts to bad. I wish I had some of your chicken stew.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the recipe Trish, will have to try it. I love chicken.
Ada
Old 10-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trish b
Originally Posted by SandraD
Post a recipe for your Chicken Stew.
I cook very basic so there are no specifics for amounts.
One whole chicken cooked in one quart of chicken broth(low sodium) for 45 min or you can bake it then add meat to broth.
I then add 5 med potatoes, 6 carrots, 4-5 stalks of celery, one onion, all vegetables chopped to your desired size,(about 3 in" around) 1 tsp salt or so, pepper to taste, and 2-3 Tblp. poultry seasoning, fresh rosemary(from my yard), 2-3 dried bay leaves, and fresh mushrooms(about 10 if you like them) sliced.
Debone chicken, remove all visable fat and refrigerate broth until fat floats to top, discard fat. Return broth to pan on med. heat and add seasonings, vegetables, and chicken in that order. Simmer about 30 to 40 min. stir several times and extra water if too dry, and Enjoy!! Sorry I did not respond sooner. I was out of town making a 2nd birthday quilt.
Yummy!!!! I am gonna have to try this. Thank you.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I've been sick to my stomach all day. I'm going to skip dinner as my stomach hurts to bad. I wish I had some of your chicken stew.
I am sorry you are sick. (((((HUGS))))). I hope you get to feeling better. That is no way to be losing weight.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

I lost another 2 pounds. I am down to 238.5 :) :) :). It has been over 18 tears since I have been under 240. That curred my grumpyness for the day.
You all will have to excuse my spelling some times, I have brain farts and suddenly can't remember how to spell. LOL. Or maybe it is because I am just to tired to care.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I lost another 2 pounds. I am down to 238.5 :) :) :). It has been over 18 tears since I have been under 240. That curred my grumpyness for the day.
You all will have to excuse my spelling some times, I have brain farts and suddenly can't remember how to spell. LOL. Or maybe it is because I am just to tired to care.
Hooray!!!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Thank you! I couldn't believe it. 8 more pounds and I will be at the weight I was at when we got married.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Thank you! I couldn't believe it. 8 more pounds and I will be at the weight I was at when we got married.
Good for you. It feels good to meet one of your goals 230 isn't far away. We need to set goals we can meet and then set a new goal. Way to go.