Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Went to Son's house today... >

Went to Son's house today...

Went to Son's house today...

Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Banned

been there done that route before. :evil:
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 AM

It is hilarious how well we all relate to this problem!!!!

My daughter would come home from college for the weekend and shop through our cabinets for shampoo, toothpaste, etc. (even though we gave her a stipend for those expenses). It never occurred to her that it wasn't appropriate. After all, it was "her" house too. We had to have quite a "talk" about it. I would like to say it cleared the problem up....lol

We still love them.......anyway, but it is still quite frustrating!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 AM

There is a new tag on the cord of my iron, right by the plug...{Consider this to be like my sewing scissors....Touch this and DIE...}
I also have a bulletin board on my sewing room door...A sign on it reads, (This is MY sewing room, everything in it is MINE, Therefore if you take it I will consider it to be theft and prosecute............]
Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
prosecute............]
I think you misspelled the word Execute!!! :lol: :wink: :roll:
Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

There is a new tag on the cord of my iron, right by the plug...{Consider this to be like my sewing scissors....Touch this and DIE...}
I also have a bulletin board on my sewing room door...A sign on it reads, (This is MY sewing room, everything in it is MINE, Therefore if you take it I will consider it to be theft and prosecute............]

I love it! You might want to print out the local Sherriff's phone # in big numbers and place where it can be seen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has taken me back to when all of ours were in college, couldn't keep anything in the house! Towels, hangers. food etc: :D

Ninnie
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 AM

OH OH!! Add a sign that says "This Sewing Room Is Under Constant Video Surveillance!!"
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM

I love that you have labeled your scissors as touch these and die!! The same rule was established in my house!!! I gathered everyone, showed them the scissors, which I made sure when I bought them that they look nothing like any other scissors in the house, and said NO!!!! NO TOUCH!!! NO!!!!!!! One year later.....no one has touched them!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 AM

One year, I went to All Northwest Voice competitions in FOrest Grove, Oregon ... a college town, if I remember correctly.

I found some kind of print shop that had all of these neat signs, like "For Sale" signs, but with really fun sayings: This is way before it was a common thing, obviously <g>
Anyway, one of the signs I brought back for my father was: Don't look at me as your boss - - consider me a good friend who is always right!

The one I found that fits this thread said:
Is there life after death? Trepass here and find out!

Dad put it on his bulletin board, and when I asked him why he hadn't used it on one of those "No trespassing" things like a lot of people in that time were doing.
He patiently explained that while the sentiment fit well into our familial way of thinking (with a belief in an after life) the sign would be very disruptive in the community.
Since I don't take hints, he had to explain it to me: If I ever put that on one of our fences, as sure as night follows day, someone will test it to see if I am a man of my word. I really don't want to have to shoot anyone. So, we will just keep this here for our personal entertainment.

My first clue that my father really might understand human nature than I had ever expected - - silly kid! LOL
Old 05-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Mom, I'm sorry, I thought you had more irons....................
....and if you don't, I'm sure you'll buy more. :D Your son is a typical MANTHING. lol
Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 PM

I guess the bright side is....

He KNOWS how to iron and he WANTS to iron. :lol:

It's a big joke between my dh and me. whenever he needed a shirt ironed, he would play dumb and ask me to "show" him how to do it. After 3 or 4 shirts, I got a clue. I refuse to iron ANYTHING for him. He now is on a first name basis with the lady at the cleaners. :lol: