Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric >

What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

Old 10-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Sewing related -- besides fabric, books are an obsession. And I've just started a pin cushion collection as well.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

I get a kick out of you guys talking about the old cars, I think old cars and vintage sewing machines go hand in hand somehow.

My newest old car is a 1951 Ford 2dr that is a full 50's custom and has been my daily driver for the last 27 or so years. Then from there I have a 1949 Ford 2dr that has a 5 1/2" chop top, 1932 Ford Roadster, two 1928 Ford Model A's one Phaeton and a Tudor sedan.

The '32 is one that I am fixing to start on after my quilting shop addition, the two Model A's are stuffed neatly into my attic, and the 1949 is sold and is supposed to be picked up this weekend. But all of my cars are modified or will be.

Billy
Old 10-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Sewing related, thimbles and pincushions...altho I don't have too many of either...am really just starting on those collections! :)

Non sewing? I'm a cast iron cookware junkie and have skillets and muffin pans that are 100 years old or older...I collect Santa figurines...and crystal! I have a small collection of Waterford Christmas ornaments, and crystal bowls, dishes and candle holders. That's a slow growing collection since Waterford tends to often be out of my price range!

Old 10-24-2009, 03:33 PM

I collect patterns at Hancock's when they are 99 cents.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by happy sewer
I collect patterns at Hancock's when they are 99 cents.
I am right there with you! :shock: 99 cent patterns! I lost count! :mrgreen:
Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 PM

sewing related items?? Anything...lol I'm not picky.
non-sewing items?? Pepsi items. I currently have a small collection that grows everyday that I spy something with the pepsi logos on.
I also collect raggedy ann and andy items...and am having trouble finding fabric with that on it.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:12 PM

lots of sewing "stuff" tubs of fabric and 8 machines and notions.... I know you can relate to this part-and no- it's not hoarding, it;s kept nice and neat.
I didn't mean to imply messy when I said I hoarded sewing stuff. I'm rather OCD about organization and keeping the clutter out. My fabric is in plastic bins, with a bin for each type (modern, 30's, Civil War, Novelty...ya' know, that sort of thing), my patterns are organized by type and subtypes....I really can't seem to function when my sewing room is disorganized. I seem to have hit the top of my space quota for sewing machines, though. If I want anything new, something else will have to go. :cry:
Old 10-24-2009, 11:22 PM

I collect bird houses, spoons from different places (my youngest daughter travels around the globe and brings me a spoon from every place she has ever been, and my other kids do the same, although they haven't gotten to be travelers to the same degree...) and I also collect bird figurines. I have hundreds of spoons, haven't counted them recently, and haven't ever counted my bird houses or birds either. I just love birds--the songs they sing, and how pretty they are.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Banned

Besides fabric..my sewing collections would be patterns..books...sewing tables and desks..or cabinets ( I seem to think I need these all over the house) and I love storage bins for my fabric whether they be antique bins...decorative in some way..just to display the stuff I love to buy..( not plastic rubbermaid ones...although those might be nice in some cases)...Other than that I think I collect quilt tops...I haev so many sewn together just need to be quilted??

Other stuff is scrapbooking supplies...and make-up, lotion and shoes!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 AM

By collect, can I assume you don't use them. I also buy when 99. Some I do use and some well, maybe some day.