Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric >

What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

Old 10-25-2009, 04:11 AM

I collect buttons, sewing/quilting books/magazines, patterns,sewing machines, and way too much fabric according to my husband. I did get rid of my lace, zippers, bindings, etc.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 AM

I collect quilting books, cookbooks, (at one point in time I had roughly 30-40 wilton cake books) I also have a ton of cake pans.
I also love to collect frogs. haha
I also have a couple of Tom Clark's gnomes but they are at my mother's in her collection.
I live in an apartment and I can to really keep a check on what I collect. As it is, a 1/3 of the livingroom is my dedicated sewing space. :lol:
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 AM

I tend to feel guilty about collecting things that I can't use-- so I have many small collections of things that I use like cookbooks or LSU t-shirts.

One of my collections that started to get out of control is my fountain pens and inks-- both vintage and modern. The only way I will buy a new one is to fulfill a purpose, like a pen to hold waterproof ink for addressing envelopes.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 PM

COCOLATE MOLDS...OF COURSE

BUT SINCE JOINING THIS BOARD....
MAYBE I AM STARTING TO COLLECT ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY PRETTY FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD SEE MY NEW STASH OF SCRAPS.....THEY ARE ALL SO LOVELY AND PRETTY, I CAN NOT KEEP MY FINGERS OFF THEM!

AND CHOCOLATE COOKBOOKS!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Well here goes

I collect

Chickens Aluminum pans and coffeepots and teapots (30+)
Antique and old children's books Little Golden Books
Old Coffee tins and old Spice tins especially Tones Other old tins
Old can openers especially ones with advertising wooden boxes decorative ones and ones I use for shelves. Some have advertising
Primitive furniture I have a 4 ft pie safe and a 5 ft pie safe and other
primitive cabinets A poor man's version of a Hoosier Kitchen Cabinet(no flour bins) but a pull out metal dough board.
Granite ware primarily white with red but have some yellow and green
Antique jars of all sizes -some blue ones and more- canning jars have a 1/2 pt jar and a 1/4 pt jar and 2 antique pickle jars big enough to hold 10 lbs flour and sugar plus a lot more old pickle jars of various shapes with wooden handles --antique wooden rolling pins
Cookbooks apothacary jars of all sizes and shapes tiny perfume bottles and medicine bottles from the eary 1900's Anne Geddes animal dolls w/baby faces antique toys cast iron skillets and muffin tins (old)
I have a 1940's antique stove so I collect kitchen utensils of that era.
Christmas I collect angels(40+) sleighs reindeer ( a lot of 50's red and green flocked reindeer) plus a lot more of all kinds of plastic and metal etc
Bells of all shapes and sizes Snow men houses
Sewing buttons old scissors and wooden spools toy sewing machines
Sewing machine books and accessories

And movies of all kinds. We are movie buffs and are always playing where did I see that guy before... OH yeah on that movie or that tv show...Have hundreds of movies.
These are just my collections and do not include DH's all old pop especially Coke and Pepsi stuff (huge collection) we have an old chest type pepsi machine in the living room. old radios stereos etc records and all things connected - cassettes 8 tracks etc. and glass mugs (A & W type)I know there's more but I can't think of them right now.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene loves Chocolates
CHOCOLATE MOLDS...OF COURSE

BUT SINCE JOINING THIS BOARD....
MAYBE I AM STARTING TO COLLECT ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY PRETTY FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD SEE MY NEW STASH OF SCRAPS.....THEY ARE ALL SO LOVELY AND PRETTY, I CAN NOT KEEP MY FINGERS OFF THEM!

AND CHOCOLATE COOKBOOKS!!!!!

I KNOW, I KNOW, I SHOULD COLLECT A SPELLING BOOK!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 PM

I collected tea pots until quilting came along. Now its anything for quilting especially 3 dollar fabric clearances.
Joanns for notions using coupons. Love doing that even if its something I dont plan on using. You never know I might change my mind and start making yo yo's, I have the plastic makers already.
I have a nice quilting magazine collection started several years ago.
I read alot but all my books except for very few go back to the used book store. All quilting books stay with me and Im getting quite a collection.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Aside from the ever growing fabric stash, which is a good thing :), I am also a peanuts Snoopy Fan. My dd says I have a shrine to Snoopy in my sewing room. His smile keeps me going!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:37 AM

Hi I collect chickens, books ,anything for sewing and crafts. A word on books don't give them to Goodwill i know what they do with them in my town they burn them for heat :evil: I belong to a place on the net and i trade my books it is all free all you pay is your postage. I have over 300 hundred posted to trade.Some are quilt, craft books. Its called Paperbackswap.com They do hard backs too, and they have a DVD and CD site also.

Karen Lee :D
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 AM

I have a large number of quilting books, I guess. I don't collect other things, except specific varieties of perennials.