Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric >

What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

Old 10-26-2009, 04:50 PM

at the moment thimbles and sewing memorabilia. I'm thinking I want to start a collection of cute pin cushions. I started Mum on a pin cushion collection last year at Christmas when I made her a little turtle. This year I am going to make her a slice of cake pin cushion for her stocking.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
I also am a Wilton cake pan collector. I had over 60 when I counted last. THUS, my SN, although I don't do much work with Buttercream these days. I prefer to work with fabric when I have the chance. It's so much easier to clean up! ;D
I just started doing the Wilton courses!!! I'm in the second course now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to my class on Wednesday though. It depends if I'm over this horrible cold.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
Besides fabric..my sewing collections would be patterns..books...sewing tables and desks..or cabinets ( I seem to think I need these all over the house) and I love storage bins for my fabric whether they be antique bins...decorative in some way..just to display the stuff I love to buy..( not plastic rubbermaid ones...although those might be nice in some cases)...Other than that I think I collect quilt tops...I haev so many sewn together just need to be quilted??

Other stuff is scrapbooking supplies...and make-up, lotion and shoes!
ahhh yes, I forgot those... I have lots of scrapbooking stuff too, I just haven't had a chance in the last year or so to play with it. Hopefully after the busy rush of prepping for Christmas I'll get started in the new year.

I also love shoes!! LOL
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene loves Chocolates
COCOLATE MOLDS...OF COURSE

BUT SINCE JOINING THIS BOARD....
MAYBE I AM STARTING TO COLLECT ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY PRETTY FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD SEE MY NEW STASH OF SCRAPS.....THEY ARE ALL SO LOVELY AND PRETTY, I CAN NOT KEEP MY FINGERS OFF THEM!

AND CHOCOLATE COOKBOOKS!!!!!
me has a funny feeling you are a real die hard chocoholic!!! LOL
Old 10-29-2009, 07:16 AM

I collect DUST! My sewing room and the rest of the house, including my office at work are full of DUST. Where does it come from. Not my fabric stash???? :-)
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

I collect anything vintage to do with sewing,knitting,crochet,etc. A friend gave me a beautiful antique tatting shuttle years ago and that started my passion . I love the ols scissors with the pretty patterns on them.
I have a very vintage kitchen with a hossier full of vintage plates,bowls and crocks. On top of the hoosier I have an antique bread box and an old mixer.
I love going to yard/house sales looking for these things. Its been a good year.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zennia
I collect anything vintage to do with sewing,knitting,crochet,etc. A friend gave me a beautiful antique tatting shuttle years ago and that started my passion . I love the ols scissors with the pretty patterns on them.
I have a very vintage kitchen with a hossier full of vintage plates,bowls and crocks. On top of the hoosier I have an antique bread box and an old mixer.
I love going to yard/house sales looking for these things. Its been a good year.
I would love to see a picture of your kitchen!! I have a poorman's version of a hoosier cabinet. I always wanted one. I love the flour bins and such. But mine doesn't have the bins. I do however have a metal pullout pastry top to mine. I use it all the time. I wanted to do my kitchen in early 1900's but not enough room. So I went with the 1950s theme. It is painted red with white appliances and white primitive cabinets. Not true 50s but some of it is. I also have an old mixer. I collect all the old utensils too.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I collect M&M candy dispensers. I get a new one every year for Christmas. Been collecting them sense I was 17 I am 42 now. I also have craft items. This may seem strange but I also have a large amount of sharpie markers. The family is not allowed to touch them, they are all mine.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Sewing related.... I love old patterns and wooden spools. I have lots of aprons, hankies, needlework, and vintage sewing embellishments..(rick rack, buttons, etc.)

Non sewing....paperweights, redwing pottery, Buzza mottos,
Vintage posters, english setter pictures, presidential memorabilia, and copper covered baby shoes. Theres more, but these are some of the biggest collections.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Sewing related.... I love old patterns and wooden spools. I have lots of aprons, hankies, needlework, and vintage sewing embellishments..(rick rack, buttons, etc.)

Non sewing....paperweights, redwing pottery, Buzza mottos,
Vintage posters, english setter pictures, presidential memorabilia, and copper covered baby shoes. Theres more, but these are some of the biggest collections.
i HAVE SOMEof them woodenspools have some ofthe old wooden needle cases to.got them from a lady who was over eighty yrs old.bless her sole