Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do your grandchildren call you? >

What do your grandchildren call you?

What do your grandchildren call you?

Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 AM

I'm Numa or Muma. My husband is Pap to the 2 older grandsons, but the youngest calls him Tap!But I had a Mammaw,Pappaw, Mom Mom, and Big Mama.I'm originally from southern WV!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 AM

Mine call me "G" - my grandson couldn't say granny so it came out "G" so we kept it that way. During the superbowl my grandson said "I want the "G" team to win cause look it's on their helmets!" We got a laugh out of that!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 AM

Grandkids in Kansas call me Grandma and the ones at this end of the country call me Mamaw. For ornyness my GD call me "Granny", never did like that but love when they tease me by calling me that. Grandpa and Pawpaw for my husband.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM

My kids asked me what I wanted to be called when I first became a grandparent what I wanted to be called and I said grandma was great everyone else can have the funny names. Now there are some that have different names for me but that is like their pet names I have for them.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 AM

Granddogs only here! Friends little girl called her grandma "my mom" because when she was little Mommy would say something about let's go to my mom's or always using "my mom" when she talked about her Mother. Linda figured daughter would pick her own name for "Grandma"...never thinking it would be "my mom".
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 AM

I am Gramma, or at least I was until my gs started learning to read at 2.5. He was reading a card I sent him and signed, and he didn't know who I was by the name Gramma, until his mother told him (he had seen the word "grandma" in a story before). When I next talked to him on the phone, he told me "gramma, you don't know how to spell your name. I said, "of course I do". But gramma, you spell it wrong on the cards you send us. It should be g-r-a-n-d-m-a!
So....that's how I have to sign my name now...but it makes me feel older...sigh...

Oh, and the grandkids call my dh - "Grumpy". He's never been questioned about that - lol!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 AM

We are Neanie and Jimbo to our three grandsons.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Browngirl
Our oldest grandson who is now 3 calls my hubby Umpa and he calls me Nene his mom called me granny to get him to say it but ever since he could talk I have been Nene. I wanted to be called GranNa but Nene is who I am.
Icee

I wanted to be called Gram, but I am MaMaw with a french accent. All I know is I cannot say it correctly (the kids tell me that). My daughter is trying to get my great grands to call me G G Mom, but so far I think they are going with the MaMaw too.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM

Nona is my name for all of my grandchildren. When I started having grandchildren we had five generations of women....We started not having enough names for grandmother so I took my great grandmothers name Nona.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 AM

They call me Grandma and my DH Pawpaw....My GGC call me GG for great grandma....