Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What have you ALWAYS wondered about? >

What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

Old 10-18-2010, 02:33 PM

I have always wondered why my father would never tell us anything about his family life or anything about his growing up years.My daughter had to do a family tree for school when she was young and asked him questions. He got so mad and would'nt tell her anything. We always say there must have been a horse thief in the family!!!!lol
Old 10-18-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by lorraine43
I have always wondered why my father would never tell us anything about his family life or anything about his growing up years.My daughter had to do a family tree for school when she was young and asked him questions. He got so mad and would'nt tell her anything. We always say there must have been a horse thief in the family!!!!lol
Be careful digging unless you are prepared for surprises...I started on Ancestry.com, found out some things on my father's side, and I immediately stopped looking. I found out just enough to know I didn't want to know more.

I wonder who my grandmother married when she was only 16..she's gone, and no one knows the answer. And it wasn't my grandfather...he was husband #3.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by littlehud
I wonder the same things about my cats. Maybe I don't want to know. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's me. When they sit looking directly into your eyes, not blinking, just staring....what ARE they thinking? :roll: :roll:
They are thinking..."feed the cat, feed the cat" and hoping you have esp too! LOL!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:04 AM

AlienQuilter wrote "Or you're driving the speed limit and they just have to pass you, get in front of you, then make a right turn. What's with that?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I've wondered about that too. And why pass you and then stay just ahead of you?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Latrinka
I wonder if I'll ever have time to make quilts and things out of all this fabric I have, and keep buying more!!!!
As I understand it, it doesn't matter how many quilts we make out of our stash. What really matters is - She who dies with the most fabric wins.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
Originally Posted by Latrinka
I wonder if I'll ever have time to make quilts and things out of all this fabric I have, and keep buying more!!!!
As I understand it, it doesn't matter how many quilts we make out of our stash. What really matters is - She who dies with the most fabric wins.
I wonder what I'll win?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
I wonder how the trend came about to walk around with your underwear darn near on the outside. Who was the first person to do this, and why did others think it looked good? Boys with their underwear out and girls with the bra straps out...I just don't get it.
This is a real good question. I don't think it's fashionable, I think it's stupid. I always thought bra straps were to be concealed as was underwear. Some guys have their pants so far down, it's a wonder they don't trip on the legs of their pants. It's disgusting. I don't care to see their hind ends!!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:50 PM

there is justice in the world

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article...pants/19287498
Old 10-19-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by lorraine43
my aunts & uncles threw a huge party for my grandparents 50th reunion... when we were there, we were amazed at all the jewish people that were there...where we grew up in western mi, there wasn't a big jewish community. when we got to talking to some people at the party, we found out that my grandparents had been very active in the resistance in nazi holland... got out just ahead of getting caught in fact. no one ever mentioned that to any of us grandkids...

when asked about it, my grandfather, in a heavy dutch accent and his deep base voice, said "you don't have to tell anyone when you do the right thing, you know & god knows"

sure would have made 20th century history more interesting!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
What I would like to know is why the men in my family can't ever find anything. I always have to find it for them.
I know like butter in the fridge! :?