Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What keeps you from sewing?

Blog Entries
    What will stop me quilting. Reading these threads. But most. Trying to design a pattern for a quilt or bag or how do I. Quilt a top. My mind is always working on quilting but my hands. Are the lazy part as you can see from this typing. I need hands which will work as hard asmy Brian.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I'm the main care giver for my 92 yo MIL who lives with us. I spend Sunday night and Monday with my 85 yo mom who lives 90 miles from me. My Dad passed away in March so helping my mom is a given. I also tend a granddaughter that is in first grade. We have 7 children and 18 grandchildren (one more on the way). Always one or more of them is/are here to visit spend time with us or just because and they are always welcome along with neighbors and friends . We've bought a new home and are selling the one we are living in. My husband is still working so since I am the one who is "retired" all of the business stuff landed on me. I still find an hour or two to spend in my studio each day. I quilt, therefore I survive. Oh ... and snakes would have me running down the hallway screaming!
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Lol! Mine was a bird hahahh sorry to laugh but I'm so glad another hunter giving gifts
    From the heart
    Nancy

Life keeps getting in the way.

Blog Entries
    Housework keeps me from quilting today and some other days too.

Blog Entries
    work, life in general, lack of interest sometimes, work, household chores, work, laundry, work, worrying about my son in boot camp, work, boredom, work......

then other times all I do is quilt

thankfully it is never snakes
    Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of life.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you are talking about sewing/quilting for my own things it is customer work that comes first as well as my regular job that keeps me limited on time to work on customer's quilts as well as my own. Would love to have it just be working on customer's quilts that kept me away from my own projects.
    I also baby sit my new grandson one day a week. ( but I try to have hand sewing to work on while he is here and sleeping,)
    However, in my spare time I am also blogging, working on a book, preparing to teach beginner quilting starting in Jan., designing quilts and maintaining my quilting sales....
    Oh, and sleeping and eating!

Phyllis
    QuiltingGrannie

Work and no quiet space. Even though I have a large room, it doesn't close off from the rest of the house, so it can be noisy.

My 16 year old twins and their band and athletic schedules and work keep my from ever getting up into my sewing room. Makes me mad sometimes. Wish I has more time for ME!

I'm sewing, but its all about costumes for my nephews, purses that people ordered after they saw the one I made my dear MIL, nothing just because I feel like it! I don't mind, I love those nephews a lot!

Playing crazy quilt solitaire!! Ha ha it is addicting.
    Age is mind over matter.......if you don't mind ........it doesn't matter! 😂
    Nancy

my wookie in my avatar she is just too busy and want to be in front of the machine, can get nothing done if she is here
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

i would not like finding a snake in my living room for sure

work :/ Although since I work as office manager in my husband's business I can bring my sewing to work with me and get some done during the day

Cyn, I too had a snake in my house the other day. Saw one of my cats playing with something and didn't really think anything of it- kind of looked like the pipe cleaners they're so fond of batting around the kitchen floor- but I became concerned when the 'pipe cleaner' moved on it's own when she put it down Bleck! I picked it up with the kitchen tongs and tossed it outside.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

ewwwwwwwwwwwww is that a snake??????? in your house??????????? i would have to move if i saw that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    This kept me from quilting yesterday!

This board, the computer... alsways looking for that special quilt pattern ...lol outside chores... cleaning house, just about anything that catches my attention. Maybe I am ADD.... lol But when i do sit down... watch out NO ONE BOTHER ME!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's learning how to dance in the rain!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3