Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was the most thoughtful gift that you received? >

What was the most thoughtful gift that you received?

What was the most thoughtful gift that you received?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 PM

I had many lovely gifts, but the best one wasn't wrapped. My house is crazy, overflowing with family, food and gifts on Christmas Eve. After we opened presents on Christmas morning, my DH cooked breakfast for the two of us and then did the cleanup as well :) The little thoughtful things like that are the things that keep me in love with him ;)
Old 12-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Awwww these are all awesome!!! :D:D:D
I love how unexpected surprises and such thoughtfulness lingers on throughout the years...:D:D:D
When I am having a bad day...it is these warm memories that help to turn my day around 8-)8-)8-)
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Banned

Mine would be the smiles and laughter I was able to see this year around the tree as we exchanged gifts.

But if it had to be one gift that I received it would be the Edible Arrangement I got from my SIL.

Last year she had an open heart surgery and had a series of strokes and went into a coma for 6 months. She almost died twice and somehow through tons of prayers and a determined doctor she was able to recover almost completely. The quilt in my Avatar is the quilt I made her for this years Christmas after she came home from being in the hospital for 9 months.

Billy
Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 AM

My most thoughtful gift, I think, was the handmade container my daughter in law made out of fat quarters and then filled it with 22 more fat quarters. The other most thoughtful gift was the coat my husband gave me. I am frugal, a tightwad, can make the buffalo -- you know the rest -- and just have worn my jacket for lo these many years. He took me to Macy's and picked out the most beautiful soft, comfortable wool coat I have ever had. Actually, when you come right down to it, as I sit by the tree here, each and every gift was the most thoughtful gift I received. Each person picked the gift out for me. ME!!!!!! How more thoughtful could that be? I have my family, my Mother (93) (she still drives, cooks, quilts) and my health. I don't want for anything, I don't need anything, I don't ask for much and so each gift is thoughtful because they don't know what the heck to get me and it does necessitate a lot of thinking and from that comes the thoughtful! I may sound a little flip, but I love my family and my friends and just to know they are there is the most thoughtful gift that anyone can receive. Edie
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 AM

I would have to say it is the orniment my daughter made me.