What would you do?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
I would really go to her at the store, ask for the fabric and patterns and any money back and tell her you WILL report her to the manager if she doesn't get it back to you within whatever reasonable time frame you think. I would make it a only a day or 2, this is way too long already.
I agree. If she'd been in contact with you about a family emergency or something, it would be different....but you now have to go and confront her.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 PM

I
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 PM

I hope ya'll don't hate me for this but -
Seriously, the lady has 5 children....do you really want her to loose her job over $10? (You didn't mention how much you paid for the fabric.) Granted, what she did by violating company policy was WRONG and it's suspicious as to why she is now hiding from you. I just encourage you to pray about/think about what you really should do. And getting her fired isn't going to bring back your facric or your money. Just saying...........................
Old 08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by donnacollierbess
I hope ya'll don't hate me for this but -
Seriously, the lady has 5 children....do you really want her to loose her job over $10?
Yes. The next stunt she pulled could result in jail time. What happens to the kids then? Another burden on society because it was just $10.

:roll:
Old 08-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

I don't even know what to say. What a bizarre situation! If she really has 5 kids I really feel for those little ones :(
Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 PM

2 more emails and no answers. So I went to the store (20 mi from here) to find her---not there. Asked if she still worked there....they said "sometimes". Came home, sent another email, still no reply. Back to the store today, asked for her again. Ended up talking to the manager and explaining the situation and that I INSISTED she not lose her job or they'd lose a customer. She brought the completed curtains w her to the store. She may get a 2-day suspension, but will not get fired!! I would've easily overlooked the whole thing if they had been my curtains....but I was afraid I was going to have to buy 6 yds of replacem't fab @ 12.99/yd plus $20.00 worth of lining. I couldn't afford that. I was told not to exchg $ in the store. So am mailing her $25.00 (she asked for $10.00). (cheaper than all new fabric) I hope I did the
right thing.....I really did try.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 PM

I would go to her work and request my fabric back and money if I prepaid her,
Old 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM

thanks everyone for your advise. I posted my FOLLOW-UP above.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

I am so happy that it all worked out for you :D:D:D
Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Did you find out if she did have 5 kids for sure she might of just been babysitting them. I think you handled it quite good. Better then I would of. She would of known I was really upset. Maybe she was keeping the curtains for herself. She had them completed so that tells me there was no problem making them so why couldn't she get back to you. It was a scam for sure. How many other people did she scam and got away with it because they didn't want her to lose her job because of the kids. Sorry but I would of gave her the $10.00 only and told her she's lucky you didn't get her fired. I don't care if you have 1 kid or 5 if you can't do the job don't take it on. She only works sometimes so she had time to do it and get back to you. If she was a responsible person just do the curtains and give them back then none of this would of happened. Did you ask the manager if she had 5 kids for real ? When you asked if she worked there they said sometimes usually they would say 2-3 times a week what does sometimes mean. Does she have another job somewhere else with 5 kids she better if she just works sometimes.