What would you do?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 PM

You handled the situation better than most people would have, "you" are her angel in disguise - most wouldn't have asked for her not to be let go from her clerking position - good for you! There must be more going on with this lady than we can understand, hopefully not dishonesty. Keep the faith.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
You handled the situation better than most people would have, "you" are her angel in disguise - most wouldn't have asked for her not to be let go from her clerking position - good for you! There must be more going on with this lady than we can understand, hopefully not dishonesty. Keep the faith.
DITTO-I am so glad it worked out for you and you were very generous to send her the 25.00. God Bless you for that...You sound like me - I always try to think the best of people and worry about them even though you had a major investment there!! Now you have your curtains and you conscience is clear - hope hers is too. Maybe she will learn that in the future she should follow through. I am glad she didnt lose her job even though she knew the rules...WHAT A GREAT PERSON YOU ARE!! Thanks for showing us that there is still compassion and faith in people. We all can learn from you and maybe the world can be a better place one step at a time :thumbup: :D
Old 08-05-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I agree with everyone......she deserves to lose her job because she's not followed the rules. You should not be out money because of her!

Ditto...We're all behind you and it's time for this lady to face the music...
Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by joyce blint
2 more emails and no answers. So I went to the store (20 mi from here) to find her---not there. Asked if she still worked there....they said "sometimes". Came home, sent another email, still no reply. Back to the store today, asked for her again. Ended up talking to the manager and explaining the situation and that I INSISTED she not lose her job or they'd lose a customer. She brought the completed curtains w her to the store. She may get a 2-day suspension, but will not get fired!! I would've easily overlooked the whole thing if they had been my curtains....but I was afraid I was going to have to buy 6 yds of replacem't fab @ 12.99/yd plus $20.00 worth of lining. I couldn't afford that. I was told not to exchg $ in the store. So am mailing her $25.00 (she asked for $10.00). (cheaper than all new fabric) I hope I did the
right thing.....I really did try.

I'm glad this has been resolved. I think you were very generous with your check. Bless you for caring.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

I've known many people like her. They will never understand what was the problem. The extra money you gave her tells her you are sorry for the way YOU acted and all the trouble YOU caused her. She didn't learn anything from this situation except the store manager is mad at her because she did a good deed for a customer. That will be her version to anyone that will listen.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Go to the store and confront her about it. That was totally inappropriate for her to solicit your work and then totally ignore you.

Don't hold off. Go today!!
Agreed!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by crazyquilter56
Did you find out if she did have 5 kids for sure she might of just been babysitting them. I think you handled it quite good. Better then I would of. She would of known I was really upset. Maybe she was keeping the curtains for herself. She had them completed so that tells me there was no problem making them so why couldn't she get back to you. It was a scam for sure. How many other people did she scam and got away with it because they didn't want her to lose her job because of the kids. Sorry but I would of gave her the $10.00 only and told her she's lucky you didn't get her fired. I don't care if you have 1 kid or 5 if you can't do the job don't take it on. She only works sometimes so she had time to do it and get back to you. If she was a responsible person just do the curtains and give them back then none of this would of happened. Did you ask the manager if she had 5 kids for real ? When you asked if she worked there they said sometimes usually they would say 2-3 times a week what does sometimes mean. Does she have another job somewhere else with 5 kids she better if she just works sometimes.
Very true. Who knows what she was thinking, othering than trying to scam you. Unless she had a REALLY good excuse to not contact you, there has to be some other motive. I can't believe she never got back to you. Seriously, it doesn't take long to make a quick call or email. Sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. I would not have paid extra.