What would you do???

Old 12-05-2013, 05:05 AM

Having actually been on the other side of that, I would definitely return and try to do the right thing.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:09 AM

I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't return it! When I taught inner city 7-8 graders, a similar discussion came up in class. The kids asked if I saw someone drop $$ , would I keep it or give the $$ to the person who dropped it. When I said I would give it back, several of the kids laughed and one said, "That's stupid, Mrs. Lovely, it was their fault for dropping it". Broke my heart that so many of the kids felt that way. I tried to have them put themselves in the person who dropped the $$ shoes and tell how they would feel. Some of them understood, but a lot of them really felt it was ok to keep the $$. So sad.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:13 AM

I would immediately take it back, not only is it stealing the poor clerk who made the boo boo would have to pay for it. And I love the comment from barny, I surely don't want to miss heaven for money either!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:32 AM

I went to the bank on a Sat. morning. She gave me the money, but I always count it. She gave me $20 too much. It was closing time, she pulled the shade down, but I ring the bell. Before I could tell her what happened, she said we're closed!!! Bright and early Monday morning I go to the bank. I ask to see the President of the bank. I told him what happened, and how she acted when I was trying to give the money back. He started laughing. Told me she was counting her drawer until 2 p.m.. I gave the money to him, and he had her come in to the office. She was not pleased to have to say anything to me, and because of being rude I think she was let go. Another thing the clerks now just give what the cash register tells them. They just hand it back without counting to be sure that is right.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:46 AM

i would have to go back and return the money
Old 12-05-2013, 05:51 AM

I pulled up to the bank's drive up window and saw a bank wrapped stack of money. I asked my son to get out and pick it up and immediately put it in the drive up window tray. It's not mine and only bad can come of keeping it and it is stealing which is breaking the 8th Commandment.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 AM

Give it back. God is watching & this could be a test of your honesty.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:58 AM

I would take it back. But on one occasion I was at the bank and I cashed my work check. I stepped to the side and recounted it and found out that the teller gave me $100 extra. I got back in line and told her that she had made a mistake. She said I Don't MAKE MISTAKES...... With that I turned and walked away and kept the money. I am sure that at the end of the day she would eat her words.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:58 AM

I have had something similar only it was $20. I took it back. It wasn't right to keep it. Have also gotten home and found that I wasn't charged for something, took in my receipt and fixed it. I love a good bargain as much as the next person, but i want it honestly. As a Christian, it's the only thing to do.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:59 AM

I would take it back. The money would not belong to me, and it would bother me to keep it. Whether it comes from change from a cashier or a MAC machine, someone is responsible for controlling that money, and it would be an issue to have it missing. Just yesterday, I found $5 in the parking lot at the SPCA. I took it back inside and turned it in. It wasn't mine, and I wasn't comfortable keeping it. Hopefully, the owner came back for it, but if not, I hope they used it for the pets. In either case, I didn't feel right keeping even a lost $5. If I found the money blowing around somewhere where there was no way I could try to find someone to turn it into I would donate it.