Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your other main hobbies besides quilting?

Banned
    knitting is my first love. also love making paper, punch needle embrloidery, crocheting, sewing ..now doing many american girl doll things that I sell, iris folding, etc etc

I also love to knit, needlepoint, counted cross stitch, scrapbook, reading and decorating.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I'm a private pilot, although currently grounded for medical reasons. I belong to a women pilots organization and we do stuff with youth groups, girl scout day, career days, ect. I'm also a hobby silversmith, so I make silver & copper jewelry, along with collecting and polishing rocks to set in my own jewelry. All of my hobbies are on hold anyway because Hubby and I are having a new house built and we are busy with that and will have 1 1/2 acre to landscape after we move in this summer. Oh, and I'm still working full time for 5 more years!
    Last edited by Skyangel; 03-12-2013 at 08:41 AM.

I love to read and study the Bible and paint in oils. I have gotten so caught up in quilting that I have neglected my art work and that is something I am working on. I love to entertain and cook 4 course meals for family and friends.

I sew for my family now and then and really want to do that more often. I am also writing my life story at the request of my olest daughter and illustrating it as I go.

Reading and cooking. I love trying new recipes. Tonight I'm trying chicken thighs wrapped in cabbage leaves served with Chinese mustard. I used to build dollhouses until I discovered quilting.

I like sewing crafts right now - quillows, purse inserts, totes, fabric coiled baskets, pillowcases, bi-fold wallets.
    I am about ready to start my first rag quilt - very excited about that.

I like to sew Paggedy-type dolls, and maybe do some 18" doll stuff; hand embroidery, cross-stitch, do jewelry, fishing, baking, and putter in the garden. Also have a "to-scale" doll house I'd like to work on.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Before I got "addicted" to this quilting board, I was doing a lot of scrapbooking. I just went from hoarding scrapbooking supplies to hoarding fabric! haha I need to find a balance between the two and get something done!

Blog Entries
    In the winter I am into genealogy, researching and writing my family history, play badminton once a week with over 50 y.o. people, go to the gym 3 times a week, do jigsaw puzzles
    In the summer, it is mainly biking, golfing and travelling well, after having taken care of the lawn, the flower beds and the household and laundry etc...
    Last edited by helou; 03-12-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Reading, counted-cross stitch, backyard bird feeding.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Fellow quilters,
    I so enjoyed reading all of your answers.
    All of you are talented special ladies with different interests.
    OMA66, would love to come to your house to eat supper. I love putting my photography on cards to give away,
    and I love piecing quilts---wished I loved to cook more.

I keyboard, play guitar, organ, and read. I love electronics, witness my accumulation of iPads, computers, Nooks, Kindles, etc. And my favorite hobby other than my kids and grands is my three pups..... However, over and above all, is the need/desire/want/aim/etc. of the quilting bug........and of course, all the things that go with it, including collecting fabric, thread, machines, etc.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I enjoy spending time with my granddaughters and my family, camping, cooking (and eating by the way!), Knitting, reading quilting magazines and books, my pets, traveling, and reading this quilting board (and yes, it is additive.) OH, and eating chocolates. I also LOVE to just go look and touch my stash!

Crossword puzzles and traveling. They say quilters love gardening.

I love the theater. I see many musicals and plays with my husband and/or daughter in Chicago. DD and I go to New York every summer to see 5 or 6 shows. It is the highlight of my year.

I also love walking, biking and reading.
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

I use to do alot of crafts, no outlet for them. Now I just make quilts and play a computer game or two.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My new job eats most of my time, but what time is left after work and family life is mostly spent quilting/sewing. Other than that, we have two Belgian Malinois that we train for Personal Protection and Ringsport. It's basically the same thing Police Dogs are trained to do, but for competition and personal use.
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

CRO
    I do counted cross stitch, love feeding the birds, and what I am really passionate about is horse back riding.

embroidery, pottery, and occasionally scrapbooking
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Sewing, embroidery, gardening, reading, rummaging in junk/thrift/antique stores, re-cycling....and walking with my dogs when weather/health permits.

Dh and I volunteer at a horseback therapy program for special needs kids, adults. We haul our two horses each week. To see the smile on a kids face that has never walked, put them on a 1000 lb horse and for them to feel that sensation and motion of walking. . . .priceless.

I did breed and show dogs until last year. We had a devastating loss of two of our bitches and I have since lost the heart to continue. I still have one dog from our last litter.

I do a lot of gardening and I collect vintage sewing machines and like to tinker with them.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

joy

Cool

My other interests besides making quilt tops (I don't quilt), are playing piano, keyboard and organ... belong to a music group for that... embroidery, baking, computer... that keeps me in touch with family overseas... reading... bought myself a kindle and have 291 free books on it at the moment... knitting and TV... have made 61 quilt tops so far... 14 being mainly for family and the rest for community ... i.e. orphanages, cancer children, and have made five so far for babies in hospital... they are a darling to make... and I do quilt those... something very easy... I do love puzzles on the internet... very challenging...
    joy...

Blog Entries
    Kids...work.....husband.

I enjoy working with my I-pad (reading, playing games, surfing the Internet, listening to music, etc). Watching TV with my husband. Playing with my pets, Eating, notice I did not say cooking.LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast