Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your other main hobbies besides quilting?

Blog Entries
    I lead a ladies weekly Bible Study that keeps me grounded, play golf almost year round with my dh, gardening and spending time with my children and grandchildren. I'm a very blessed lady in my retirement.
    Quilting in the Desert

I have enjoyed cake decorating for many years and also love to do scrapbooking - just got to find the time

Besides quilting (haven't finished one in a while-because I do alterations in my home) I love going out cruising top down in my red Benz, shopping... especially for shoes and purses (they have to match), baking, but not cooking even though I have to do it, going out with quilting friends. Used to like photography, other crafts, just don't have the time

Um, notice my screen name? Too many, and they are all important to me! Knitting, gardening, hiking, biking, reading, singing. Some now I balance 'em all and love it.

I love quilting, hand embroidery, knitting, crocheting (just finished crocheting over 400 snowflakes for the christmas tree), gardening (I dabble in hybridizing daylilies), seasonal decorating (love to use the deco mesh ribbon for wreaths), reading, walking, playing with my brussels griffon named Jimmy Buffett (he was just diagnosed withdiabetes), and riding with DH in our 65 mustang convertible (listening to the real Jimmy Buffett music). We also love to spend time in northern Arkansas at our nieces's cabin on the White River, visiting our sons in Boise, Idaho and going to the ocean. It's pretty clear that creative people are creative in multiple ways.

I read, pet the cat, spend time with hubby, pet the cat, play with the dogs, pet the cat, sew clothes for the grandkids, pet the cat, I love to cook, pet the cat, garden, pet the cat, plunder antique shops.

And............. oh did I mention?..........pet the cat!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Crocheting, knitting, cooking.

Blog Entries
    stained glass and mosaics
    http://ozarkcastle.blogspot.com/

What an interesting group of friends here
    Ever notice that your hobbies change as you age...opps, I mean "experience life through the years"?
    When younger my hobbies included more activity: tap, ballet and folk dancing, now taping my feet to the music.
    Then climbing mountains in Switzerland and swimming in the Pacific Ocean, now riding a tour bus through the mountains and dipping my toes in the water.
    Then exercising the big dogs at the humane shelter, now grooming the little dogs.
    Then camping with the teens church retreat, now sending cookies along for the retreat.
    Then planting, tending, harvesting, freezing, canning produce from huge garden, now enjoying potted plants on patio.
    Then twirling around on stage and memorizing many lines, now helping backstage for the play.
    Then sewing till all hours of the night, now still do and nap during the day!
    Ahhh, times change

Reading, sewing curtains and crafts, baking, trying interesting recipes, jigsaw puzzles.
    Last edited by luciab; 03-13-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Reading, horseback riding, ballroom dancing,volunteering at my grandson's school

It would be really interesting if everyone could attach a picture of their other interest/hobby such as their photography, oil painting, horse, airplane, etc. Would management allow us to do that?

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

Gardening and cooking

Besides quilting

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah in Brooklyn View Post
    I love knitting, but I can only do it in the cold weather! I do a lot of volunteer work, at the ASPCA and with a neighborhood group that takes care of street trees here in Brooklyn. I just wish I could work less and hobby more!
    I make home made yeast breads Have my own sour dough starter that is 42 years old. I also like to cook but I make six times more than we can eat freeze it and have many days when we eat something from the freezer and I have quilted many hours that day.
    I'm an obsessive compulsive quilter and batik aholic. I make only king size quilts.

Knitting, making clothes for 2 American Girl dolls, reading and waiting on my husband as he recovers from a spinal fusion!

Whew! you all make me tired !I do pet the fabric, piece, and even get lap or baby size quilt tops done. I just learned to machine quilt. Am in a prayer group, walk a mile a day five days a week. cook 3 meals a day. Forgot to mention that I leagally take a nap when I want to. Retired August, 2012, married for a second time, August 2011, and bought a house in April, 2011. Also have 3 grandchild that are in all sports. Must go to all games ! OOPS ! It is nap time. PS I still write hand written letters and use snail mail.

I spend a good deal of my time working out (6 days cardio , 3 days weights). I also play piano and read. Between homeschooling my son and working with him with his piano lessons , I have no time left

Blog Entries
    I do jewelry (clay), paint, collect stamps (since 11). Practice sewing.

knitting crochet counted cross stitch and anything else that involves a needle
    Love is the greatest gift. Jane

I do machine embroidery, sew garments, crochet, camp and make wine. Plus anything else that looks shiney when I see it on the internet.
    Phyllis
    Phyllis Driggs

Blog Entries
    I forgot! How could I? I do photography. I take pictures I like then sometimes paint them. Have a camera with me all the time. Also if I see something I like that I can't buy I do a picture and it's the same but doesn't cost anything and I can look at it.

I like to travel with my husband, sew all kinds of things and use my serger, play with my grand kids , hand embroider, crochet and sometimes, scrapbook. Life is full!

I crochet, enjoy cooking, flower garden, traveling

Mostly I am a knitter, but sometimes I spin (yarn, not the exercise kind of spinning) or weave. My usual knitting projects are socks. Reading also is part of my day.

Blog Entries
    Most of my time is taken up with dolls I make and we give to children with devastating medical/mental problems (153 made so far), otherwise, I like to practice drawing, love to read, love to write, sew for great grands, knit and crochet. Love to work with scroll saw but just not enough hours in the day. YIKES. (ggl)

Vickey Stamps

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast