Where you live

Old 09-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie54
I used to live in Imperial Beach!!! Small world!!
LOL Indeed, I said I met my DH in San Diego area, but in fact I met him in Imperial Beach, where he was stationed and where I lived. I went to college at Southwestern in Chula Vista!
The world gets smaller and smaller!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 PM

I like where I'm living a lot. I like being where there's plenty of stores and things close by. If I could though I'd move to Maui :) Dreaming.....
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM

I love living on the farm in eastern Washington - only 80 miles to grocery shop so DH always goes with me and we make a day of it. The attraction was my DH!

I've been living in Florida the past 6 months house/pet sitting for my DD while she was deployed to Afghanistan and I love it here too (just wish she wasn't in an apartment) but I'm enjoying Florida mostly because of the wonderful quilting friends I have made while here. Haven't minded the humidity (so different from dry eastern WA) and love being warm!! Wish I could take all my quilting friends back to the farm with me :thumbup:

Anywhere I wished to live...Hawaii, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia...lovely to visit, but home is now the farm.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM

I went there for one class myself. Wow! The base at IB? I used to go there regularly. My son went to the daycare there.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 PM

I live in Running Springs Ca, my parents moved here in 1989 to give my brother a better environment, I was born and raised in Fullerton Ca.....I like living here because it was quiet and peaceful, pine trees and squirrels and changing seasons. When I am out and about on the mountain I always look at the beauty and it seems like I live some where else and not in So Cal if that makes sence.

If I could not live here I would live in West Virginia with my dad and where my family is from or in Hawaii were my husband is from (my husband wants to go back home when he retires or sooner)...we have alot of people in my community from West Virginia.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:47 PM

Would move to the country tired of the city- needs more space inside and out- ideally would love to live at least part of the year in Ireland
Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 PM

Have lived in this small town all my life. We are 10 miles from college town and 20 minutes from major city. We almost bought a 2nd home in Hot Springs Village (on a golf course) and we would still like to visit there.
One son lives in Dallas and we hate the traffic!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister
Originally Posted by quiltingme
Luv it here! The people are wonderful!
It saays you are " in hiding" so...I bet you live in Oz, with that beautiful Frangipani as your avitar!!!
No, not OZ, I am in southern Oklahoma, where the trees are abundant and beautiful, and the weather is constantly changing (even if this summer was a BIT unusual! Lol) and the people where I live are indeed wonderful folks for the most part.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM

I live in SW Washington, in what is basically a suburb of Portland (though don't tell the natives I said so). I like it well enough to stay for now, but feel in my heart that there is another place for me. I grew up in Northern CA in wine country and left it after it grew so big and obnoxious I could not stand it any longer. I don't miss it, even the sunshine. I have always wanted to live on the East Coast but can't quite convince the DH to face the winters there. He is from Sweden and we have talked about going there, but there are cons to that plan that keep us put for now. We have talked of retiring to Sweden... we will see.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 PM

I live in SW Florida and only like it in the winter when I can open the windows. I miss the seasons, except winter and snow. Ideally would love to be here in the winter and either in the mountain areas of Tenn/Virginia or Hampton Beach, NH...or Savannah, Ga in an old historic home. But then again wouldn't want to have to deal with 2 houses.