Where you live

Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 PM

Wildyard it certainly sounds like you are where you are supposed to be! So lucky to recognize it.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:36 PM

Butterflywing, thanks for the great links. Two years ago there was a story in the Boston papers about a janitor in Boston that taught himself photography following a pair of hawks, over a period of years, who nested in the city. Alas, one of them died last year, but that was part of the story as he searched to find what happened and was allowed access to a lot of buildings in the area because of his search.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:38 PM

if you liked the links, google 'hawks in nyc'.

you could probably google google hawks in any city.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
if you liked the links, google 'hawks in nyc'.

you could probably google google hawks in any city.
Great, thanks. I live in an area which has one of the highest concentrations of nesting bald eagles.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 PM

I live in Houston, TX but would love someday to move to Waco, TX. Why - several of my best friends live there and we always have so much fun when I visit. But right now finances keep me in Houston.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 PM

I was born in MI and don't want to live any place else. I have lived in Arizona and in California, but both places have lost out to Michigan. I'm here again and no desire to go anywhere else. I love my State! █
Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM

QuiltingAddictUK you have a lovely place in England. I have one question, What is a dingle?

I love where I live. Four separate seasons, lakes, forests, trees changing colors, snow and cold, summer heat, all the variety. I was born and raised here but moved around the country when DH was in the Navy. We came back here to live because we love the area.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingme
Luv it here! The people are wonderful!
It saays you are " in hiding" so...I bet you live in Oz, with that beautiful Frangipani as your avitar!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Love it here in Western New York. I've live in many places, including Florida, but like it here the best. There is always something to do -- the only reason to be bored here is because you want to be. World-class museums, entertainment, universities. Close to the Canadian border, hills for skiing, lakes for fishing. Delightful ethnic mix. Very affordable housing, reasonable living expenses, short commutes to work. The weather is really nice here despite what the national media leads people to believe. I could go on. And, no, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce!!
I agree with you, lived most of my life in St.Catharines, and I sure agree...western NY, southern Ontario is a great place to live!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
I, too, love where I live and have no desire to live anywhere else, ever. I was born and raised in central CA. Met my sailor DH in San Diego and always knew we would head to his native upstate NY sooner or later. It ended up being much later, after living in TN, southern NY, CA, and 19 years in Ohio.
For whatever reason, the very first time he brought me up here to visit, I felt like I had come home and was engulfed by the warmest feeling of peace and contentment. I told him then that I wanted us to live here some day.
He was friends with the man who built our house, and we would come to visit when we were in NY from OH to visit DH's family. I loved this place, the land, and everything about it. I would just sit out in the yard while they visited and feel so calm and happy and peaceful.
When DH's health was going bad because of the stress from his job, we were here in NY visiting his family and took a drive. We knew the old gentleman had passed the year before and that his daughter was living here now so we were just driving by. But there was a for sale sign in the yard and the house was empty. So we got the number and called.
It was 5 years too soon on our life plan of retirement, but DH needed out of the ratrace he was in, and I had a good job. So we threw all caution to the winds and bought the house and the 24 acres of hardwood regrowth woods it sat on. Over the next 2 years, I worked and he commuted back and forth, moving things and getting the house ready for us. I came over for my days off (a 7 hr. drive) and holidays and such.
During that terrible time, I lost my sister and her husband, my brother and my mother. DH lost his mother, who was more like a mother to me than my own was. The only place I found peace was here on the new property.
To this day, all I have to do is look out the windows, or sit out on the swing or bench or steps.. breath in, and let the beauty and peace fill me.
If I have been away, it still happens like it did that first time I visited, when I get within a certain area, I know I am home again, and I am happy.
I don't know if I believe in previous lives but if I did, this would make me think I had lived here before and this is where I will always belong.
Lovely story!!