Who has the money?

Old 12-28-2010, 03:12 PM

Our funds are tight this year (so I won't be doing it), but as a general rule the only kind of after Christmas Shopping I've done rather religiously is the purchasing of decorations and the restocking on sewing/quilting/craft supplies... as (Joann's/Hancock's) usually have good sales for those items at this time of year (plus the coupon commotions).

Occasionally, I will buy things that will be good for holidays in the future - like early in the year birthdays etc. When I was in college though, we always did "After Christmas" because that's when we could afford most items and gifts, even the tree/decorations. So we celebrated that on New Year's Eve, ate, drank and was merry until the ball dropped at midnight, when we ourselves, tried to not be the last one to drop, LOL.

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 12-28-2010, 03:12 PM

My Mom and I usually hit the day-after-Christmas sales hard (for collectable Christmas decorations), but we were very sadly disappointed this year that the selection was pretty poor compared to past years. Even the sales were not that great. Oh well, that meant that I could put in an order for some more sewing accessories... just don't tell my DH about it. He will find out when the credit card bill comes!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM

My husband bday is on the 3rd my daughters is on the 4th I gave up giving gifts after christmas they get more gifts for christmas :)
Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

I used to buy tons of wrapping paper etc after Christmas, so much that I probably will never need any again!! I stopped at least 3 years ago and still have plenty.
I've been trying to de-clutter so I'm not running around to all the sales the way I used to.
But fabric is a different story....... although I haven't bought any since November. I must be sick lol
My Mom gave us checks so I'm saving mine for something special. :D
Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 PM

We got all our bags wrapping paperand ribbon for next year at half price.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:26 PM

I don't like crowds and do not like shopping (unless its quilting related of course). For the last several years I have done almost all of my Christmas stuff online. It goes back to when I was a kid and my friends went shopping every weekend. I came from a working family and we didn't have the extra money for that. It never failed that I would find something I fell in love with but couldn't have. It finally dawned on me to quit tagging along....I was much happier after that. =)
Old 12-28-2010, 03:36 PM

I am blessed by the people I work with every year with gift cards. I wait until after Christmas to spend them....I get double the stuff for the value of the card! Yeah!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:43 PM

I don't much care for shopping, but do pick up things all through the year when I see something that has someone's name on it.
And I have enough wrapping paper that I won't have to buy any for some years, and have already written on my new calendar on next December's page, to donate some of it to local clubs. The only wrapping paper I would buy are two patterns I loved and cherished till all I had enough to wrap was a small ring box sized amount!! One was a lovely crazy quilt of all colors like stained glass, one was a grey and grey stripe. That one lasted for nearly 16 years and I still miss it, my late DH loved it so much.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:45 PM

I did a little today. Needed a new bath mat and had Kohl's Cash to use so it cost me 1.99. Got two new pairs of shoes that were on sale and are needed and an inside jacket that was 60% off and I can wear it to work.
Didn't go crazy and everything was needed except maybe the jacket but I loved it.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:59 PM

If I go out I will end up spending on stuff I don't need. But, I can be talked into going to a fabric store and spending.