Who has the money?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I don't spend anything we don't have, hate crowded stores, but love sales when I do go out!
Me too. If I feel the need for some retail therapy I usually hit the thrift stores. Today I bought $46 worth of foodsaver bags for $6.00 :P :P
Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 PM

I hate to shop (except for fabric) so I stay clear of the crowds after Christmas...too much pushing and shoving...I realized today that I had not left the house since Christmas Eve; had to get out so I went to Hobby Lobby to look at fabric..I will buy next week.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
because DH likes to keep the heat @ 68. :lol:
Sounds warm at your house! Keeping our main floor at 58 costs about $650 a month! We have a furnace that is over 50 years old and burns oil...not efficient at all. Need to replace it now because my FIL told us to remove the pellet stove we installed 4 years ago...apparently the insurance guy thinks it's going to cause a fire. Guess the 4K we put into the pellet stove would have been better spent on a new furnace.

On topic, I don't like the crowds and don't have extra money, so I didn't leave the house for the sales and I was good and avoided them online as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Kas

Nah. I don't really do the Christmas sales thing. But I do spread the pain of gifts out over the year. Every month I buy something for someone for Christmas next year. Then my only stress is organizing it at Christmastime.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Dee

I don't do after Xmas. sales. We did light this year.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 PM

I have always enjoyed after Christmas sales, wrapping paper bows cards are all things you will use just buy enough to do the next year. When the kids were little i would buy a few small things for stocking stuffers. BBBBBUT stores have sales all year and I usually pick up one or two gifts a month and by october or so m doe , wrapped and hid in closet.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:53 PM

I dislike crowded stores so avoid the sales after Thanksgiving and Christmas. By the time the holiday is over I could care less about buying for the future. I just want life back to normal with no more gifts to wrap!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Jim

We rarely do after Christmas sales...but I do sales all year long..I coupon and look for things that we use or need..my kids used to laugh at the way I save and use coupons but they have finally started uses them themselves now..its free money when buying something you already use anyway..I never shop Hancocks,Hobby Lobby or JoAnns without a coupon..always get 40% off my fabric
Old 12-30-2010, 01:02 AM

If you dont NEED it,it isn`t a bargain. Took me a long time to realise this.I only buy stuff that needs replacing.I think it is an age thing.After my husband died I moved house and realised how much I had that I did`nt use/need and the charity shops benefited.Less clutter more space for my hobby,yeah.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM

No Chrsitmas sale shopping this year for me! I usually wake up early and go stand in line waiting for the stores to open to get that "elusive deal". This year, it finally dawned on me. What exactly do we really need??? So, I stayed home and gave my credit card a rest.