Who has the money?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:17 PM

I will go to my favorite store for their January sale on winter cloths and again when they have the summer cloths on sale.
I quit using wrapping paper years ago. I do get the Christmas fabrics on sale after Christmas. I make cloth bags for Christmas gifts. My kids keep them and reuse them. Some of the bags have now been around for 10 years. They only get used once a year. Sometimes they'll call and ask me to make a certain size.
I've even used fun fabrics for birthdays etc. My step-grandson used his birthday bag for his marbles that he got from his other grandpa.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:51 PM

We do not celebrate a commercial Christmas; however, I will be the first in line for a sale after Christmas.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:01 PM

Nope, don't do after Christmas sales. I went shopping before Christmas looking at clothes and couldn't find anything I liked so there is no point looking at the sales; same ugly stuff there. Don't need sheets, so no I am not going shopping, unless I find some GREAT fabric on the internet.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM

The only thing I am buying at the Christmas sales is christmas fabric. I made bags to put presents in a couple of years ago, thinking I would get them back and reuse them (reduce, reuse, recycle) and guess what! People thought they were part of the gift - unlike wrapping paper, which they are happy to leave behind, so I have to make more of them this year. Will post pics when I have made some - they are pretty simple.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:40 PM

I went to Joann's and got 70% off christmas fabric. Woo Hoo!! Got enough for tree skirts and table runners for my 3 daughters for next Christmas. Shhh!! don't tell them.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:56 PM

I think your kittens stress level is next to ZERO also! LOL!!!!
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
when he was a teenager i offered my son a choice. he could:

(1) get stuck with stuff i bought that he might not like
(2) get money on christmas to spend during the after-sales. he did the math and took the cash.

down, down, down went the stress level. ;-)
:thumbup:
Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
i hate to shop except fabric
Ditto! plus I love book stores, other than that shopping stinks
Old 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM

i had to go to walmart day after christmas because EVERYONE in my house had a nasty head cold, and we were out of medication! i picked up a couple sets of flannel sheets.. they have christmas decor, but were only 7.50 a set..

i told dd who didn't care for the design... "you can't see the sheets if you make your bed, and when your in bed, it's dark & your eyes are closed! they're warm, what's the problem..?" i didn't mention that i got 2 sets for her...
Old 12-29-2010, 05:11 PM

I needed to update my wardrobe and since I got some money for Christmas I went out yesterday and got 2 pairs of slacks, 2 knit tops and 3 vests. I saved just over 144 dollars so I was happy with that. Probably won't go clothes shopping for another couple of years. LOL
Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

I went out and stocked up on good gift wrap paper for cheap. I don't need a lot for Christmas gifts, but I use it all during the year to draft patterns on (on the white backside!)so it was a good buy. I also bought some Christmas prints in cotton quilting fabrics from Hobby Lobby and Hancocks, at 50-60% off! As for all the clothes and other stuff in the stores: I'm sick of looking at it so it doesn't even interest me. Around here all the stores have been having fabulous sales with additional percent off coupons coming out every week, *before* Christmas. Now it's the same price and a picked-over selection, so I'm skipping it.