Wireless Routers

Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 AM

I have the same router that you purchased. I tried to connect it following directions but could not get it to work. I called the Linksys tech support number given and they were wonderful. It did not seem we were following the written directions at all, but tech support walked me through it step by step and it works great. Good luck.
Jo Ann
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 AM

I have Linksys and it works great is hooked into the telehone line and the phone company did it with a reasonable fee might check with them as it does run off phone line
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Banned

Call the router manufacturer - they will talk you through it. We use a NetGear router, it installed really easy & fast.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 AM

We use a wireless router. We have 5 computers hooked up to it and they are all networked. We have no problems what so ever.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
Does anyone out there in computer land use a wireless router to connect another device to your signal? I have a broadband signal and want to get a wireless router so my hubby can connect the laptop and surf the net while I use the desktop. I bought a Linksys WRT120N and am going to take it back because I can't get it to work. Don't want to spend a lot of money on one, but want one that is reliable. Thanks for any suggestions anyone may have. My connection is not a DSL - it comes from a small dish that is mounted to the top of my house and it gets its signal from a radio tower about 10 miles away thru a privately owned company.
IT TOOK MY COLLAGE AGE DAUGHTER 3 DIFFERRENT ROUTERS TO FINALLY TO GET ONE TO WORK OURS IS NETGEAR
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 AM

Your IP should be able to supply it and fit it for you.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 AM

I love my Valet by Cisco. You just plug in the memory stick that comes with it and it is done in a few easy steps. My Wii, 3 laptops, ipod, and ipad2 all work with it great.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:56 AM

The company should have been able to help you connect and set it up. We have wireless in our house for all our computer needs..including our printer. When our kids come home, they use the wireless also. I connected ours on Christmas Eve 8 years ago when we first got it. Now I just keep adding wireless items to it. lol
Old 07-08-2011, 05:05 AM

I always use Belkin router & adapter. Their routers come in a wide price range; my router & adapter have lifetime guarantees, but I do not know if all their wireless products do. I had a router "die" once; I bought a backup one so I would not be off-line while the dead one was sent back to Belkin and a new one sent to me. The replacement router was whatever current model was comparable to the old one. Since then, I keep a new spare router ... just in case. (When I returned the router, they sent me an e-mail with a UPS auth. to pay the shipping.)
Old 07-08-2011, 05:27 AM

We use a wireless router, a D-Link, but I'm clueless about it - hubby's field.