Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Fabri-holics Anonymous >

Fabri-holics Anonymous

Fabri-holics Anonymous

Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 AM

Me too CG and the time to make all the quilts I want to do.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Welcome from Florida!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Hello. Welcome to the quiltingboard. We are very addicted and I am lovin it! I hope you will enjoy the board as much as I do.
Regards, Dorothy
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from Boston.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

Listen to your higher power telling you to buy more fabric! I must be in denial, I can't stop. But I do like the start of the 12 steps, I just can't stop the madness of buying fabric...
Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 AM

Welcome from Arizona!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM

If you are looking for a cure, you are definitely in the WRONG place. We are all enablers, big time!!!
So rather than seeing this as something bad, like fabric-aholicism... let's look at it as something good. Which it is in my case, fabri-therapy!
How many of us might have turned to serious negative activities were it not for the salvation we get from our love of fabrics and sewing them into lovely quilty things?
Who of us might have turned our cutters on a (not so) loved one in a weak moment had we not had our cutting boards and fabrics to slash into squares and triangles and strips?
Which among us would have turned to drugs had we not spent all our money on fabric and tools and notions already?
It's time to remove the ugly negative connotation from our beloved hobby and passtime and praise it for what it is! A theraputic, healthful, helpful activity that keeps us off the streets and allows us to be contributing members of society and supporters of the local and online economy!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wildyard
If you are looking for a cure, you are definitely in the WRONG place. We are all enablers, big time!!!
So rather than seeing this as something bad, like fabric-aholicism... let's look at it as something good. Which it is in my case, fabri-therapy!
How many of us might have turned to serious negative activities were it not for the salvation we get from our love of fabrics and sewing them into lovely quilty things?
Who of us might have turned our cutters on a (not so) loved one in a weak moment had we not had our cutting boards and fabrics to slash into squares and triangles and strips?
Which among us would have turned to drugs had we not spent all our money on fabric and tools and notions already?
It's time to remove the ugly negative connotation from our beloved hobby and passtime and praise it for what it is! A theraputic, healthful, helpful activity that keeps us off the streets and allows us to be contributing members of society and supporters of the local and online economy!!!
Amen! :-D
Old 06-09-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Susan P
Originally Posted by wildyard
Amen! :-D
Yup! :thumbup: definietly have to agree here! I think I will tell the hubs that this board is my 12 step program, and just keep my fingers crossed behind my back! Of course, what is it they say, if you have to hide it, it probably IS an addiction? lol.

It occured to me earlier this week that all those years I was cross-stitching and crocheting were just substitutes for my true craft-love; sewing! And quilting is of course, an off shoot of that! It allows me to express my personal designs and color arrangements the way crochet does, while having set patterns for design like cross-stitch.

I will say that prior to the start of this year, I was actually suffering from some depression, and hadn't wanted to work on any projects, but now that I'm being treated properly, I can't even tell you how many things I've worked on in the last 6 months! A few more months, and I can probably rely on the fabric to medicate me
:mrgreen: