Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Straight View Post
    I'm also finding I enjoy the piecing portion of making a quilt alot more than actually doing the last step of quilting. Is this unusual ??????
    The friend I took my first class from also loved the creative piecing steps best, but I always liked the hand quilting part best. After over 30 + quilts, I now love the picking fabrics, cutting and piecing processes, and having someone else LA quilt it! It allows me to make more quilts in a shorter period. I still have a hand-quilting project going all the tme, though. Before, I only made one at a time, start to last stitch on the binding and label, before I started another, so it would be months before I started another one. Also, making purses and totes allows me to use many more fabrics, and finish a project quickly, allowing me to go on to another with a new set of fabrics. Many people use the services of a LA quilter instead of doing it themselves.

Looks like you are off to a great start! I love the colors in the quilt on the bed it's beautiful as well as everything else you've done so far. Welcome from Michigan!
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

Blog Entries
    Welcome from North Dakota. There are lots of guys out there who quilt. Beware this site is addictive. So is getting a fabric stash and collecting vintage machines. There are some lovely ones on board.

Welcome Randy!!! There are a few other guys on here and you are most welcome to join in.

Beautiful work - better than anything I did at the beginning. Most of my early stuff became dog beds. So come on in and don't be shy. Comment, ask questions and just belong. Much better to be a participant than a lurker.

LOVE the nickname btw.
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

I'm also finding I enjoy the piecing portion of making a quilt alot more than actually doing the last step of quilting. Is this unusual ??????
    No, this is not unusual. I go through phases were I enjoy the planning and collecting of fabrics the most, but I always enjoy the piecing.

Besides if everyone LOVE the 'last part', there would be no market for Longarmers!!!!!
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

Welcome to the board!
    Everyone is welcome, EXCEPT for Quilt Police.
    I love your quilt that you made....are you sure you are just starting?
    I promise I won't tell your friends that you play with fabric.

I love camping and fishing and quilting and I'm female.

Wow, your first! It is beautiful and you did a good job. Hello and welcome to the board from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Yes you welcome. You come to a great place to learn.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Hi Welcome form Australia I thought I was strange by liking to piecing portion rather than the quilting, glad to hear somone else that also like that part.

Wow your quilts look a lot better than my first ones! And yes men are welcome here, and motorcyclists too :0)

Welcome. My 10 year old nephew loves to sew, especially on rainy days. Occasionally he asks me if it's ok for boys to sew. I tell him, yes, everything you learn to do makes you more valuable in the world.

That's true for both boys and girls!

Explain to your friends that sewing isn't that different from carpentry. Both sewing and carpentry require precision, geometry skills, concentration and creativity. The big difference is that for carpentry you work with wood and a multitude of tools; for sewing you work with fabrics and a multitude of tools.

I'd say you have some talent. It would be wrong to waste it. Have fun with it!

Welcome Randy. You certainly are in good company - many excellent male quilters here and elsewhere. A Notion to Quilt, local quilt shop in Massachusetts, had a quilt show last year with all male quilters showing their work. If you are single, this is also a great place to pick up girls, I bet. LOL Your first quilt is wonderful, so I'm sure you're on your way to good things.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Welcome to the QB from Oklahoma!!! Men are more than welcome. I think you did a fantastic job for your first quilt. Ready to see more of your creations!! This board is very helpful if you have any questions or issues. I think we'll grow on you!!!

Wow! I'm impressed! Welcome from Alabama!
    Why do I keep trying to find the "like" button?

Viking Husqvarna 950 S; Bernina 1150 MDA

But of course! Welcome from Las Vegas, looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work

Hi and welcome from Fort Myers, FL. I know there are quite a few guys on here...hey, why not...I belong to a car forum which has mostly guys on it

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries
    Hi Randy, you do a wonderful job. You will learn lots as I continue to do and it inspires me with new ideas. Don't forget Rosie Greer needlepointed for relaxation, and he was one big bad football player!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Welcome to the board from Oregon! Also you are not the only guy on here that quilts so you are not alone and I know of men who quilt.Glad to have you join us. The pictures you posted looks like awesome to me
    ​Christine

Blog Entries
    Terrific job on the quilts. You have a great sense of color.

Hi and welcome. Waving from NC. Of course guys are welcome! My brother made beautiful quilts and owned a Gammil longarm business. His specialty was T-Shirt quilts.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    Welcome Randy! Your first quilt is beautiful and certainly an ambitious piecing project! It's not unusual that you prefer piecing over the quilting step either; it seems many folks do. Hope you continue to share your work here with us.
    Wendy

Hello Randy

You have just joined a group that enjoys both male and female quilters! As long as you are enjoying yourself and it relaxes you doen't matter. Welcome from Adrian, MI

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio!
    SueDor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast