Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Welcome from Michigan!

Of course you are welcome here Randy. Some of the most talented quilters are men. You have done some beautiful work. Welcome to the board from the friendly State of Alabama

Blog Entries
    You are so welcome here. and we would love to see your quilts and other projects. I you ever have any questions everyone here is so helpful..... Welcome from Waco Texas.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Yes, guys are welcome. There are several on the board. My DH helps me with quilting and is super supportive. No one will poke fun of you about quilting here. I actually think there are more guys getting into quilting. You are off to a good start and some of your first projects sure look good. Can't wait to see more.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-01-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Welcome from the Suburbs of Chicago.... and former NYS resident. You first quilt is amazing!!! As for not telling you r freinds you hang out here... your secret is safe with us.
    As for liking the piecing part better than the actual quilting... I consider myself a dedticated piecer .. and found using the services of a long arm pro to be the most liberating experience of my quilting life. .. as for the cost of it... well I would rather eat wish sandwiches ( two slices of bread and you wish you had some meat) for how ever long , so that I never have to deal with a big quilt on my regular machine.
    Just a note .. your first quilt show you have real talent , first in color/fabric selection, pattern choice , and construction. I can't wait to see what comes next ... do share.

great quilts!! -- welcome from se TX
    diane

QKO
    Welcome aboard, Randy! Always great to see another fellow man-quilter here! Your work is great!

Of course guys are welcome here. your work is beautiful. Ignore the naysayers and enjoy. Some men even make a living at this, look at Ricky Tims or John Flynn.

Welcome Randy from Texas! Love your quilt and wall hanging. Great Job.
    Linda

Of course you are welcome here. There are lots of guy quilters on this board and if you have never heard of Ricky Timms, look him up as he is a wonderful designer. Your quilts are beautiful. I hope you continue to grace us with your wonderful work. Happy quilting!

Blog Entries
    Are you Quilter? If you are then you are welcome. Show your stuff! This board is great!!!

WOW! Wish my "first quilt" was as awesome as this! LOL Great color choices and very pretty, no matter who's bed it was on, would look great! I need to get off this couch, stop looking and start DOING something in the sewing room this am! Welcome aboard from souther IL!

Blog Entries
    i am in awe of your first quilt. great job, and what dedication. i am a firm believer in keeping it simple to start with, that way the project gets finished. 4 patches, 9 patches, log cabins, etc. my two grdsns just collaborated on a queen quilt at xmas last yr. and i have another grdsn who is 26 who wants to learn to quilt.
    and of course you are welcome here. you guys show us ladies up real regular.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Quilting Board Randy. You won't find a better place to hang out and can't wait to be a part of your quilting journey. We here on the board are like one big family. There is no gender or age restriction here....so have fun and enjoy......

Blog Entries
    Hello totally. Of course you're welcome here. The more the merrier. Some of the best sewer [tailors] are men. Why not. I hope you enjoy this place. These people are the most helpful, kindest on this earth.

Remember us when your on TV and teaching, like Ricky Tims. Welcome from mid-Missouri. Love both your quilts.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Welcome to the board! Some of the best quilt shows I've been to (like in Sisters, Oregon) have entire sections dedicated to male quilters -- and their quilts are always different and wonderful! You did a great job on your quilt - can't wait to see what you do next!

IQ2
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Straight View Post
    I'm also finding I enjoy the piecing portion of making a quilt alot more than actually doing the last step of quilting. Is this unusual ??????
    I used to feel the same way about the quilting part...in my case it was the fear of messing up the top which I had worked so carefully on. But once I got up the courage to plunge in and quilt (in the ditch) I got so excited to see it turn into a "real quilt" rather than just a pieced fabric. Even now, I have to get into the mood to go into quilting mode. Once I'm ready, I love the quilting too. I haven't done FMQ yet on anything but practice sandwiches, and I also just took a hand quilting class which was a lot of fun. Give yourself time. You'll get to love each aspect of the craft. I've only been quilting for about 4 years.
    Welcome

Welcome Randy from south central Ohio. Your quilt is beautiful as well as your wall hanging. Glad to have you join us.

Welcome! Can't imagine why you wouldn't be welcomed. Always need a fresh and new opinion and who knows, you might turn out to be the greatest designer and give us all wonderful ideas...Look forward to pictures..

Blog Entries
    guys are certainly welcome. Just keep quilting and enjoying what you like to do

Wow! Look at all of those points and stars for a first quilt! Looks great. I'm new too. The first one I did was a star pattern but I only did a baby quilt because I wanted to try it. My second quilt was a sampler quilt. Only completed that one with a little help from a friend.

Blog Entries
    Wow I love your quilts and yes you are welcome here. Love to see more of your stuff.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Welcome crom long island and i adore your batik qjilt. Nice points.

Welcome!! Great projects! Love the colors.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast