Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Guess you're welcome! I like to bike (but only with pedals now), hike, kayak, all those manly things. The best part is that my hubby likes them all too.... My 15 year old grandson came up for a couple of weeks to quilt a lap robe for his other grandfather who has had a stroke. He made his first quilt when he was 8, but he did well then and now. Actually, I had surgery two days before he left and he stayed to take care of the dog and help get me up the stairs.

We decided how we were going to quilt the QIP before I went to the hospital, and he finished it perfectly by himself. Am I proud? We had made the quilt 2 sided and the sides were very different. So we made simple +s... 10 long stitches one way crossed with 10 long stitches crossing it. I've used that a couple of times for quilting hard to do quilts. It is very unobtrusive if you match your thread color to what ever fabric you are quilting over. And we did not put them in perfect order, but altered them to fit where they would look best. Just a thought about a simple way to quilt. If you worry about it being sturdy enough you can start in the center, go forward 5 long stitches and return over your stitching and do 5 long stictches in the other directions and the same with the cross stitches.

Yes, of course you are welcome. There are several men on QB. Variety is just that: Art, patterns, landscapes, scrapies... all done on your domestic or sent out to be quilted... wild, calm, funny. You may have to get a dog or cat to critique your quilt as you sew to really belong!
    Last edited by Sierra; 03-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.

QM
    I like your style. Of course you are welcome.

Hi Randy, and welcome from Washington! You are so welcome here, lots of friendly folks-men and women.
    Your quilt is great-and doesn;t look like you are a beginner!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from East TN!
    I'm one of the weird ones: I do not like making quilt tops, I only like the quilting part! Your quilt is lovely!
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Randy from Pa. We need more men on the QB. Have fun. I got your meaning right off the bat. Very funny.
    any time you have a ? you know you will find an answer here, maybe several answers.

How near is Amsterdam to Dolgeville, NY? I used to live there and loved it.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Welcome from South Dakota - of course you are welcome here - you're a quilter aren't you? Beautiful bed quilt - you did a great job.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Hearty welcome from Alabama! I am pretty sure most anyone is welcome! Nice work!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Hi Randy, welcome from one of many quilters on this board from Colorado. Guys are great quilters. My DH is beginning to take interest. He is beginning to help me cut and he always helps me square up, I wouldn't be surprised to find he would be a great FMQ as he is very artistic. My Dad had three brothers and they grew up on a cattle ranch up high in the mountains where the deep snow made for long winter evenings. My dad and his brother knit the most beautiful sweaters and socks imaginable. The third brothers could out crochet any of the women in the family, and the youngest brother did some of the most beautiful cross stich I have ever seen.. . . and. . . . .I'm pretty fair with a hammer and nail even if I do say so myself.

Yes, you are welcome here. I love batiks also. I have just started the cutting for an ALL BATIK boxed squares. It will be called "Tropical Nights". You have a great eye for color. Cannot wait to see what you will be doing soon.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Welcome! There is so much information on this site. You will like it and it is fun to chat with fellow quilters!
    Denise

Power Poster
    Hello Randy!
    Welcome from Minnesota!
    Your quilt, wall hanging and pillow look great!
    Kudos to you!!

Hi randy, welcome to the quilting board from Arkansas.. beautiful quilt!
    Lise

Hello Randy, and Welcome to the QB from North Carolina. You're going to LOVE it here
    Beckie

Beckie
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

I think it's great that a guy sews!! I believe that all people need some type of creative outlet, that's part of being human, isn't it? Ever since we painted animals on cave walls, we have been designing and creating. Many men do creative things like writing, woodworking, working on cars, and cooking. I don't think it's odd at all.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, quite a few members are guys! Love your quilts. cant wait to see what you do next

you are too funny! I own a quilt shop and have met quite a few male quilters in the last 9 years. Like you, they are "In the closet" about their sewing passion. Let the world know. Rosy Grier does embroidery. One of my best customers is a guy. He took grief from his male family for a while until they wanted a quilt of their own.

Welcome from London Ontario

Hey Randy, its great to hear from another man on this site. I like the quilt that you made of batiks, you did an awesome job. It will be nice to see more from you and hopefully I will get to finish some of mine this summer and I will post pics. Anyways nice to meet you and happy quilting.

Yes guys are welcomed. I'm also a guy and I understand about getting the seams to meet but its gets easier as you do more. I've made about five quilts so far. I am currently working on a scrappy quilt with no 2 squares the smae and on a 9 patch quilt when no 2 solid colors are the same.

Hi Randy,

Hmmmmmm. Points don't quite meet up, old machine, still learning. Sounds like you are already one of us.
    Welcome home.
    Merivale
    Australia.

Welcome from Wisconsin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4