Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello I Am New Here >

Hello I Am New Here

Hello I Am New Here

Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 PM

I have some 4" squares that I"m mailing to you in the AM. All I ask is that you post a photo of the finished project. It is exciting that new quilters want to take up the hobby and I am one to encourage you to a fun and fantastic start. Sara
Old 08-21-2007, 08:20 PM

hi SARAH I was admiring ur quilt .I think that was a great idea with keepin some of ur daughters dresses.I lost my daughter 20 month ago and kept her t shirts.Any idea how too?? thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM

I am truly sorry for the loss of your daughter. I can't even imagine how you must feel. But making a memory quilt of her t shirts would be a great memento. I have seen quilts made by cutting the front of the t shirt with the logo into a square about 8 or 10 inches square. Then in the sashing, you can tie together the dominant colors. The blocks are plain, so the sashing could be a pieced design. It may be a good idea to iron-on some interfacing to the back of each t shirt square to help it avoid stretching, as often happens with knits. Try to find a common color, or use your daughters favorite color. I've seen college age kids make quilts using t shirts that are just to wonderful to throw out, but wouldn't be caught wearing them either. Sara
Old 08-22-2007, 06:23 AM

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter! I too lost a daughter almost two years ago to the date! But God is good............I made a t-shirt quilt using 36 t-shirts and it came out beautifully! I wish I could figure out how to lost the pictue! It was quite a large quilt! Yikes! If I can be of any assistance please let me know!

Renae :D
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM

hello, i am new here and i really need some help, i am a self taught quilter and i have run up against something i can not figure out and i need help from anyone out there that might know what i am talking about, well here is my problem, i have made a quilt a multi-media quilt and i have copyed it from a painting, i was just informed that i need a release from the painter who painted it, my question is, how do you go about doing this? i have no idea or even where to start looking for this person, well i did look his name up and seen that it did have a trade mark on it (the painting i mean) but that is it, now how do i find this person? is there anyone out there that can help me. my deadline for the contest i entered the quilt in is sept. 28th,2007.