Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New Mystery quilt >

New Mystery quilt

New Mystery quilt

Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Do I understand that the strips are suppose to be light pink, dark pink and green (in the middle) and then sew the 2" srips together , cut at 2 inches and make 172 of them?? It is a little confusing to me..............
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Do I understand that the strips are suppose to be light pink, dark pink and green (in the middle) and then sew the 2" srips together , cut at 2 inches and make 172 of them?? It is a little confusing to me..............
Yes, sew a light pink 2" strip to a green 2" strip. Press toward the green strip. Then sew a dark pink 2" strip to the green and press again toward the green. Then cut them into 172 2" sections.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:55 AM

Thanks Jeanie for the confirmation - sometimes the ole brain gets a little fuzzy
Originally Posted by JeanieG
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Yes, sew a light pink 2" strip to a green 2" strip. Press toward the green strip. Then sew a dark pink 2" strip to the green and press again toward the green. Then cut them into 172 2" sections.
:oops:
Old 11-21-2010, 03:50 PM

I got part 1 finished today. I am using gold instead of the pink for gold and green 3patches, and will use blues instead of browns. The first step was easy and went pretty fast. Now to wait until Friday when I will be sewing instead of shopping!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 PM

For those of you who haven't started cuttting yet, (and aren't good at math),you will need the equivalent of 8 full width strips of green and 16 full width of pink.
Notice that the directions (unlike the picture) just say pink on each side of the green, not requiring one to be light and one dark pink!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by quilting cat
For those of you who haven't started cuttting yet, (and aren't good at math),you will need the equivalent of 8 full width strips of green and 16 full width of pink.
Notice that the directions (unlike the picture) just say pink on each side of the green, not requiring one to be light and one dark pink!
That is certainly a help!
I have coupons to separate and mail, and then hubby has been home sick - - tomorrow is chiropractor and DR visit, while surviving below 0 temps and trying to figure out how to dig out of the snow drifts.
The last time we were out, we stopped at the thrift store and I scored BIG on the pink front - - a ballroom dress of some kind - - or was it a summer formal? at any rate, all cotton for $2.99.
when the coupons are done, then I plan on going through six containers of fabric that I see a bit of green and pink, and even some brown ... when I get it all gathered, I will post a picture here, and then, get to work on cutting two inch strips!
If the quilt had been a bit more scrappy (do you hear the whine in my voice?), I have a BIG container of strips cut in all sorts of sizes, but <sigh> was not to be this time. Bummer!
Oh, well, the adventure is beginning, and that is exciting!
Have a grateful Thanksgiving, everyone <wave>
Old 11-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Omak,
you could broaden the color base a bit and add anything near green to the greens, and anything near pink to the pinks, and anything dark to the browns... just pull out what is already 2" wide and consider whether it reads in one of those three groups!
Have yourself a yummy Thanksgiving!
Cat
Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM

Don't mind my whining about the colors <g> I would complain if you hung me with a new rope! (although, they do have some really pretty colors in that product, too!)
I think I whine just to make sure y'all know I really am interested in what we are doing and will be doing.
One of our older veterans is having health problems, so I was figuring that I would have to get to building a quilt for him after I finish the coupons, but I got a good surprise when I went to the Post this afternoon!
Someone had left me a quilt on one of the chairs!
I couldn't figure out where the quilt came from, and then I started looking at the quilting, and thought - - hmmm.... that looks like Donna dropped off a quilt, and boy! Do I have a plan for it!
I was grabbing my cell phone to call her, when I happened to see something in the quilting that looked vaguely familiar ... in fact! It looked like something I might have done - - sure enough! LOL
Ya know? I don't do a half bad job!
The only way I could be sure that it was my quilting was to actually open the quilt up and look at the quilt blocks, and then I remembered!
A couple of weeks ago, I quilted a lap robe that a lady from one of the local quilt guilds had given me for my soldiers/veterans. I really do make things and finish things, and once they are not in my possession any more, I figure they are on their way to where they are needed most.
So -- when I had completed the quilting, I had given the quilt back to the creator to put the binding on, and promptly forgot!
I am hoping to get it labeled and ready to be presented to him tomorrow afternoon ... and, it will be pretty neat, because the lady who made the quilt will be at the dinner where it will be presented.
We will just be giving it to him as from the American Legion Family ...
Isn't that a wonderful Thanksgiving event???? How it all just came together is such a blessing - - such a blessing! <wave>
Old 11-24-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Don't mind my whining about the colors <g> I would complain if you hung me with a new rope! (although, they do have some really pretty colors in that product, too!)
I think I whine just to make sure y'all know I really am interested in what we are doing and will be doing.
One of our older veterans is having health problems, so I was figuring that I would have to get to building a quilt for him after I finish the coupons, but I got a good surprise when I went to the Post this afternoon!
Someone had left me a quilt on one of the chairs!
I couldn't figure out where the quilt came from, and then I started looking at the quilting, and thought - - hmmm.... that looks like Donna dropped off a quilt, and boy! Do I have a plan for it!
I was grabbing my cell phone to call her, when I happened to see something in the quilting that looked vaguely familiar ... in fact! It looked like something I might have done - - sure enough! LOL
Ya know? I don't do a half bad job!
The only way I could be sure that it was my quilting was to actually open the quilt up and look at the quilt blocks, and then I remembered!
A couple of weeks ago, I quilted a lap robe that a lady from one of the local quilt guilds had given me for my soldiers/veterans. I really do make things and finish things, and once they are not in my possession any more, I figure they are on their way to where they are needed most.
So -- when I had completed the quilting, I had given the quilt back to the creator to put the binding on, and promptly forgot!
I am hoping to get it labeled and ready to be presented to him tomorrow afternoon ... and, it will be pretty neat, because the lady who made the quilt will be at the dinner where it will be presented.
We will just be giving it to him as from the American Legion Family ...
Isn't that a wonderful Thanksgiving event???? How it all just came together is such a blessing - - such a blessing! <wave>
That is wonderful! I know he will be very pleased!
Old 11-25-2010, 02:13 AM

God has a way of making life happen while you're busy making other plans. ;-)