Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-30-2013, 03:32 AM

Nanny's Dollface. this really is pretty but is very dense. It would serve to have heavier fabric. Its alot like the stained glass Nativity Schene I made my daughter. I made it on duckcloth or you could use canvas and then it would be a pretty wall hanging. If you stay with the lighter fabric use double stablizier and even possibly a WSS on the top to keep the stitches on top. Good job for a beginner and it would be pretty in the middle of a throw pillow, you wouldn' t noticet the puckers which aren't bad anyways.

rnkdistributing (Floriani) has a workbook on stabliziers and it may help. Even if you don't use thier products it will tell you the different types of it.

http://rnkdistributing.com/cid-35-1/...-Products.html

Last edited by romanojg; 07-30-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 AM

I have a question about embroidery software. I have a Brother PE780 and use a MAC. Does anyone know which software would be most useful for me to use? Will pay the price for the new Brother software if it s the best but wonder if there is something less costly. Also I wonder about USB drives can I use any drive if its the right size or do I need to have USB drives formatted to accept MAC? If so does the machine accept MAC usb? I am so confused...i. Are there MAC usb availble to purchase...Anyone know ? thanks Tina
Old 07-30-2013, 05:48 AM

Some things that I have learned after embroidering for many years, wash and press your fabric and if the embroidery design is very dense use 2 layers of stabilizer. Everything takes practice, practice, practice and I think we all find the thread and stabilizer that works best for us, it might not be the same products that others like. Maybe that has something to do with where we were taught!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:06 AM

I just read this on artistic threadworks. Lots of great articles there. "If you have a VERY dense or VERY large design and you want to use two stabilizer thicknesses, then lay them at 90-degree angles to each other. "
Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Nanny's Dollface. this really is pretty but is very dense. It would serve to have heavier fabric. Its alot like the stained glass Nativity Schene I made my daughter. I made it on duckcloth or you could use canvas and then it would be a pretty wall hanging. If you stay with the lighter fabric use double stablizier and even possibly a WSS on the top to keep the stitches on top. Good job for a beginner and it would be pretty in the middle of a throw pillow, you wouldn' t noticet the puckers which aren't bad anyways.

rnkdistributing (Floriani) has a workbook on stabliziers and it may help. Even if you don't use thier products it will tell you the different types of it.

http://rnkdistributing.com/cid-35-1/...-Products.html
Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 AM

Tina blake; as far as I know Viking is the only one who makes embroidery software for the MAC and that was as of this past yr. Its the 5D for Mac. I'm not sure on formatting the USB; in my Viking machine I can use any usb. I actually store the one that came with the machine so that if I ever trade it in I'll have it. I also want to add, there is a way to partition you mac to also operate a windows software and if you take it to an Apple store they'll do it for you. Also ask them about the formatting of usb for their machines. You can find software in all price ranges, even free ones they all have different features that make them unique. I have the Viking 5D Professional Plus and love it, its the same that Pfaff uses and it recognizes just about all formats. Floriani has a good software package and I know they work with Brother too. If you do a free software search on google you should be able to find others. Good luck.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:38 AM

Where do you all find CUTaway stabilizer? I'd like to buy it in a bigger roll but seems like tear away is more popular. Do any of you have a website where you can buy it?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
Where do you all find CUTaway stabilizer? I'd like to buy it in a bigger roll but seems like tear away is more popular. Do any of you have a website where you can buy it?
I get mine at Joanns and discountembroiderysupply.com
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
Stabilizer question....please advise.
i am a newbie to embroidery and practicing with different fabrics and designs. Recently, I practiced on a piece of sample medium weight fabric that Joanne's sells - it's shiny on the back side and looks like linen on the front. The design has over 97,000 stitches. This is my third embroidery ever on my Horizon 12000.
After watching multiple videos, I decided to spray baste medium weight cut away stabilizer to the shiny side of fabric and hooped it securely. No puckering when in hoop. When I removed the hoop it had some puckering. Want to redo this design and now I am thinking that maybe I need two layers of stabilizer and use the baste stitch mode before starting the actual design.
Your thoughts? Thanks.
What about increasing the size a little. Doe this make it more dense? Gale
Old 07-31-2013, 04:46 AM
Banned

I know that the Embrilliance Software can be used on BOTH a PC and MAC.

Go to their website and to find out more.

I want to get the Embrilliance Essentials software some day.

Good luck and let us know if this works for you or not.

Originally Posted by tina blake View Post
I have a question about embroidery software. I have a Brother PE780 and use a MAC. Does anyone know which software would be most useful for me to use? Will pay the price for the new Brother software if it s the best but wonder if there is something less costly. Also I wonder about USB drives can I use any drive if its the right size or do I need to have USB drives formatted to accept MAC? If so does the machine accept MAC usb? I am so confused...i. Are there MAC usb availble to purchase...Anyone know ? thanks Tina
Old 07-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Banned

I LOVE that design.

Monday I stitched out a design that had 63789 stitches. Was not thinking
about the massive #number of stitches when I hooped my fabric and the
stabilizer I only used 1 layer and was amazed how well it came out WITHOUT
any puckers.

The stabilizer I used was a Pellon (I don't know the Pellon #)tear away and it
looks like a holey perforated fabric/paper.

But from everything I have read, and experienced in the past from my own
trial and errors is to use 1 layer of stabilizer in the hoop and "float" 1 layer
under the hoop for every 10-15k stitches. The last design I made that had
107k stitches I used 1 layer of cut away hooped, and 3 layers floated under
hoop and a wash away on top of fabric. It came out with NO puckers.

But as I said this was from my OWN personal experience of trial and error.
I ALSO used a 90/14 Large eye needle (or topstitch needle) and slowed my
stitching speed down.

Good luck with you next try.

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
Stabilizer question....please advise.
i am a newbie to embroidery and practicing with different fabrics and designs. Recently, I practiced on a piece of sample medium weight fabric that Joanne's sells - it's shiny on the back side and looks like linen on the front. The design has over 97,000 stitches. This is my third embroidery ever on my Horizon 12000.
After watching multiple videos, I decided to spray baste medium weight cut away stabilizer to the shiny side of fabric and hooped it securely. No puckering when in hoop. When I removed the hoop it had some puckering. Want to redo this design and now I am thinking that maybe I need two layers of stabilizer and use the baste stitch mode before starting the actual design.
Your thoughts? Thanks.